cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW report Performance with Non-cumulatives

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have tried to search the possible ways to check in forums before posting this message.

I have this situation where I have a BW query built with the Non cumulative KFs - 8 of them and a CKF using the 2 RKFs to display Standard price with formula.

I have few selections which are taking long time for the query to execute and display out put.( infact the report is running on and on on Web).

I have this report built on MP - which has 3 cubes - one out of them in Customised Invnetory cube which has BX and UM data and is compressed.( no marker update)

Selections in the query - I have only One mandate variable - Calendar year/Month.

when I have the selections - one year and one plant - the query is taking 2 mns to execute

When - One month only - 04.2015 - 04.2015 - it takes same 2 mns.

when - 6 months and one product ( global Brand - XX) - the query is running for 15 and not displaying any results just stopped.

when - one month and one product - query takes 6 mns and no result displayed.

Can any please suggest what could be the possible reason for this.

I have a navigational attribute as well in the rows to be displayed against the Non cumulative KFS.

Please advise how can I tweak the report.

Possible ways please.

Thanks,
Tati

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

As you are getting this issue in Java web, can you please RESTART your Java server again.

Also please regenerate the queries in BW system using transaction code "RSRT".

Please enter query technical name , press enter.

Please then click on button "Generate Report" which is on top where other buttons are.

Please check the issue after this.

If still you have same issue.

Please check whats your Java SPS level.

Apply latest BI Java patches helps mostly regarding performance issues in Java runtime.

If you are on old level, you can try to go for higher levels which will help for your performance issue you are facing.

Regarding the BI Java components , please check below note:

'1899396 - Patch Level 0 for BI Java Installation - Detailed Information'

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Looking at your problem description , I feel BICS GET members is consuming time here

Refer to SAP Note "1751933 - Performance: BICS_PROV_GET_MEMBERS - cumulative note" and its consulting notes. If your SPS level is above the errors reported there, so refer specially to the consulting notes.

Please remove (or at least show only the strictly necessary) attributes in the variable screen as per SAP Note 1144979, depending on what you need in your scenario.

Also Very Important , Refer the below notes for Performance Optimization

2002435 - BICS: Optimization for queries with very large selections

2020562 - Performance when the variable screen contains a large number of single values in combination with a large number of variables

I hope this will help.

Regards,

Bhaskar

sapna_jgurudutt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please refer the following SAP KBA Note and check whether it helps you:

2141196 - Common performance issues occurring while executing Queries and Web Templates in Java Web

Also, what is the SPS Level applied to ABAP Stack and Java stack and what is the SP  and Patch Level applied to BI Java components here?

Please refer the SAP KBA Note '1899396 - Patch Level 0 for BI Java Installation - Detailed Information'.

Thanks & Regards,

Sapna

former_member186053
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

Please go through below sap notes, you will get some idea.

419490 - Non-cumulatives: poor query performance

1719741 - Memory consumption and runtime for non-cumulative queries

1548125 - Interesting facts about Inventory Cubes

Regards,

Vengal.