Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Action Not visible on Ipad

sumeet_narang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have created a custom action on opportunity screen which is calling an external web service to fetch some data for which I have done some code.This is working fine on HTML5 and in Silverlight but the button is not visible on the opportunity screen in Ipad. Also the custom action button is not adding to the Action sub menu and is getting created as a separate button on the opportunity.

Could you please suggest what could be wrong here?

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Sumeet Narang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

some custom developments are not available for mobile. The best way is to ask directly to your SAP Reference or to raise an incident asking if there is a workaround compatible with mobile devices.

sumeet_narang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

We did raise this to SAP. They came up with the answer that either I trigger the Action code on save of the opportunity or use an embedded component to add the button. We cannot use the save as it would trigger the action every time the opportunity is saved. I tried to add the Embedded component to the opportunity and use a link to trigger the Action, however I can only see the EC when I add it as a new tab on the opportunity which looks a little weird way to trigger an action. I tried to add the EC on the General Details screen or Overview tab but it doesn't diplay the EC on the Ipad. Can the EC be added only to a new tab?

Thanks and Regards,

Sumeet Narang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Confirmed: inline EC are not visible on Mobile (for now).

sumeet_narang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks very much for your response.

I am still stuck on this as adding a new tab to trigger a custom action would not go down well with the client. Is there any other way you could think of doing this apart from triggering the action in the save or modify events?

Thanks and Regards,

Sumeet Narang

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sorry but I think there is no other way for now

sumeet_narang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Alessandro.

I am keeping this thread open in case anyone else has some more thoughts on this.

Regards,

Sumeet