cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted order position in DSO or How to understand note 711750

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

There is Note 711750 - "No reverse/delete image; using ODS". It is short, so I quote it here almost completely:

Symptom

DataSources from applications 05 (QM: Quality Management), 17 (PM: Plant Maintenance) and 18 (CS: Customer Service) deliver before images during delta extraction (old records, ROCANCEL = 'X') and after images (new records, ROCANCEL = ' '), but no delete/reverse images (ROCANCEL = 'R').

Solution

No new delete/reverse images are created during the delta extraction for these DataSources because of existing key figures in standard InfoCubes. These applications do not include enormous data volumes with large amounts of line items that must be physically deleted in BW; this function is therefore not implemented.
When records are cancelled/deleted in R/3, there are only before-images with ROCANCEL = 'X' in the delta queue. If these are downloaded from BW, the relevant key figures in ODS or InfoCubes are set to 0. You can recognize these deleted records by the large number of zeros.

If you are using ODS, you require the InfoObject 0RECORDMODE in the communication structures in BW. 0RECORDMODE is mapped in the transfer rule with the 0STORNO InfoObject, and 0STORNO is mapped with the field ROCANCEL (indicator: cancellation of the data record) of the extract structure.

In case of InfoCube such approach is successful indeed. But I don't achieve 0 in ODS key figures.

I really have:

1) IO 0RECORDMODE in the communication structure for IS 2LIS_17_OPERATION;

2) 0RECORDMODE is mapped with the IO 0STORNO in the transfer rule for DS 2LIS_17_I3OPER

3) 0STORNO is mapped with the field ROCANCEL of the extract structure.

DataSource gives single record with "before" image for deleted maintenance order position with negative KF value indeed. 

How KF value may be overwritten in such situation? My ODS key figure value remains unchanged.

Or Update type for KF in update rules must be changed from "Overwrite" to "Addition"? It's not something that I would like to receive

Many Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Regards,

Max.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It seems that the DS 2LIS_17_I3OPER provides additive delta ("ADD"), not complete ("ABR") as specified in the settings (table ROOSOURCE).