cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capitalization and Expense on same SAP PS Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP PS Gurus,

I have a requirement to show capitalized, expense, R&D, in the same project.  Currently, we have a standard project def with the appropriate settlement profile assigned for each standard project def., because the settlement rules are different for each type of the operations.  How can this be
set up in SAP PS to support this requirement?

Thanks

Shirley

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shirley,

Just make sure the Settlement Profile allows settlement to Fixed Assets, Other WBS, and Cost Centers.  The profile controls which settlement rules can be created on a WBS.

Then on each WBS enter the appropriate settlement rule and receiver.  FXA for the capitalized WBS, CTR or WBS for the expense WBS.

Mixed settlement rules within a PS Project is a very common practice.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The requirement is to substitute the appropriate settlement profile for WBS (table COBRA, field APROF). owever, when creating the step for the substitution, the only table available for WBS is PRPS.

Is there a way to bring in the COBRA table for WBS? Or do I need to do a user exit?

Shirley

former_member188063
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shirley,

Go through the below link it may shed some light-

Validations and Substitutions - ERP Financials - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Sudhakar*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your response. This is very good and helpful information. I want to use substitution for the settlement profile. I have project types set up and assigned to each WBS. So, to assign the appropriate settlement rule to the appropriate operative WBS, I should not assign
settlement profile to the project profile. I should set the automatic substitution indicator in the project profile.  Since the indicator is set, does the system know to go look for substitution?

What is the difference in step and rule?

Can someone assist with the creating the substitution?

Thanks

Shirley

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You shouldn't need a substitution to set the settlement profile.  A single profile can be configured to allow all the settlement receivers you need.

You can configure the settlement strategy to help automatically create the settlement rules.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shirley,

for above requirement if i am getting you right, you have to assign settlement Profile as per WBS/PRoject type. and if you dont want to assign manually than you should create standard WBS/Projects with required settlement profile.

you can also set substitution in this like if you assign project type EX than settlement profile for WBS should be Overhead or if Project type CP than Settlement Profile should be CAPEX.

thanks

Sunil

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shirley,

You can have different types of WBS within same project as well as different settlement profiles for respective WBS types.  In that case no need to default settlement profile for the project definition.

Regards,

Paulo

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shirley,

if i right assume your query then only capitalization is required for those cost which incurred by cost center/cost element either that is related to R&D or Procurement or resource cost, service cost or different type of operation cost etc.

That kind of cost would be collect by project cost object as wbs and network,

so for settling those cost to receiver object you would be required settlement profile whether you can define receiver as GL CC Material wbs network sale order and more.....

how cost would be send by sender CC object that depend on settlement rule configuration for network if network is sender object and wbs in case of sender object.

Settlement bifurcation you can take by settlement report.

Regards,
Sanjeev