cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating project from inactive DCs

sun197895
Participant
0 Kudos

There are some 5 DCs under a SC in inactive DC mode. All these 5 DCs are inter-dependent. Now, when I try to check-out one DC to my local and create a project, will all the other 4 DCs will be checked-out to my local as a project since all or inter-dependent ? Or only that particular DC which I selected will get into my local as project ? If only that 1 DC gets into my local as project, then will I be able to successfully build that particular DC or the build will fail  since other supporting DCs are missing ?

Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dependent will be downloaded.

creating project in your local ws from nwdi is not checkingout

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sun,

You don't check out DCs, files get checked out as per requirement under an activity and that activity comes under SC.

Thanks,

Hamendra

sun197895
Participant
0 Kudos

So what is the use of having Active DC in our NWDS. I mean, when I import configuration from NWDI, I get to see Active DC and Inactive DC. From this Inactive DC I create project which will get into my J2ee perspective,...where I do the changes to the code. Now when I doen with the changes, I check-in the activity to NWDI.

So now, where are we actually using this Active DC. If we are not using it anywhere then what is the point of seeing it in NWDS.

Please help me understand. Thanks.