cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OS/ DB upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Request you pls provide me the easy Guide/pdf for OS/DB up gradation. Actually we are having ECC 6.0 with win 2003 R2 64 bit with Oracle 10gR2

which we want to upgrade to Win 2008 64bit with Oracle 11g/12c. pls help me by proving the up gradation guide. pls note we don't wanna upgrade the EHP. we would be using ECC 6.0 as it is.

Thanks

regard

Nitin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

First you need to perform an analysis to calculate pre-requisites for your target. For example if your target is Windows 2012, then check the release notes and blogs for what ECC SP stack you need to be in. I believe it needs minimum of ECC 6.0 Stack 21 (which has NW stack 26). Similarly check the Oracle release notes and blogs for pre-requisites. Based on the analysis change your project plan. Ex going to win2008 or upgrade ECC stack to meet requirement b4 going to OS/DB etc.

You might have install windows target version in a server (Microsoft does not recommend windows upgrade), Oracle installation, then perform system copy from old system. Upgrade Oracle in target, then perform post DB upgrade activities using SWPM. I also recommend you to perform complete Project analysis though you get high level guidance. Start with reading OS/DB specific release sap notes, check PAM etc..

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is SAP Business one system admin forum. Please find correct forum and repost above discussion for quick response,

Close this thread here with helpful answer.

Thanks.