Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register Free CLR assembly with PB 12.5 IDE

former_member329524
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello, all

Has anyone tried to do use CLR assemblies as COM object with PB Classic IDE 12.5?

I successfully use them with PB apps, which are compiled in PB12.5, however, if I need to debug it, I fail becasue the OLE objects are not created.

I tried to create manifest for PB125.exe, however, it does not appear to have any effect.

I went through the thread , but no success there either. THis is specifically CLR asseblies, which were created in PB12.5 NET.

Fusion logs do not show anything either.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member329524
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Apparently, no one has a clue...

I have manged to workaround it by registering the CLRs on the development machines and copying the dlls themselves to the powerbuilder12.5 directory.

Can't say I have totally happy with this solution, but, since we only have 3 development machines with PB, I can live with it.

former_member190719
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The PB125.EXE has an internal manifest.  You can see what in it by exporting it.  You can see how to do that below, where I've done it for PB126.EXE.

On all Windows versions more recent than Windows XP, the presence of an internal manifest means that the operating system will ignore any external manifest you provide for the same executable.

You can either (a) use mt.exe to update the internal manifest file in PB125.EXE with your entries or (b) find some means of removing the internal manifest information from the PB125.EXE file, so the operating system will then recognize the external manifest.  The genman32 utility may be able to remove the manifest information for you.

Answers (0)