cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DR_admin user and <SID>_maint user are missing after installing SAP replication server software on Standby ASE DB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We are trying to setup DR using sybase replication server. We are facing issue when installing SRS on Primary DB.

Can you please let us know if anyone had encountered similar issue/have a solution?

We have done the following so far:

1. Install ECC6 EHP6 using ASE 15.7.0.132 (distributed installation, CI and ASCS on Host1, DB on Host3)

2. Install Empty Database on Host2 (which should server the purpose of standby DB)

3. Install SAP Replication Server Software on Host2 (by unchecking Configure replication environment in the SAP Installer)

All the above mentioned activities are successfully completed.

Now we are in the phase to Install SAP Replication Server Software on Host3 (Primary DB) but SAP Installer throws an error after input for Replication System Parameters is provided.

Error:

On further analysis, we observed that DR_admin and SID_maint users are missing in standbyDB (Host2) where empty DB was created followed by SRS installation (by unchecking Configure replication environment in the SAP Installer)

But the SAP Installer for SAP Replication Server mentions that DR Administration user is successfully created on Host2 (standby DB).

Is this a bug? Installer mentions that DR Administration user is created where as sp_displaylogin shows that 'dr_admin' user does not exist.

thanks

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cris,

The issue is resolved.

During the installation of SRS on Stand by DB, I have provided the path of profile directory of Primary DB. As a result of this, DR_admin user for Standby DB got created in Primary DB (I know it sounds crazy).

I have uninstalled the SRS on Standby DB and reinstalled SRS using the path of profile directory on Standby DB (Only Empty DB is installed at the time when SRS is installed on Standby DB).

I am able to successfully login using DR_admin on to Standby DB. I have resumed the SRS installation on Primary DB and I no longer get the issue with DR_admin.

Hope this info. will be useful for someone who might encounter similar issue.

thanks

Sai

crisnormand
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

Interesting, thanks to keep us updated! I'm glad the issue was solved

Regards,

Cris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

crisnormand
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

The login name is DR_admin and it's case sensitive.

Try sp_displaylogin DR_admin, that should work.

Regarding the error during installation, if you can, upload the sapinst_dev log file from primary site installation.

Regards,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cris,

Thanks for the info.

I have attached the sapinst_dev.log

Based on my initial analysis, the SAP Installer is able to successfully login using users 'sapsa', 'sapsso' onto SYBSERVER2 (standby DB)

But when the installer tries to login using DR_admin, it is not successful.

Please advise.

thanks

Sai

crisnormand
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

Thanks to share the sapinst_dev log. I saw that from the standby server you already tried a connection as DR_admin to the DR Agent port (4909), just in case, did you also tried to the ASE port (4901)?

If yes and it failed too, next step is to check the DR log, in primary site (SYBSERVER3) . You can find it under Ÿ/sybase/<SID>_REP/SCC-3_2/plugins/DR/log/. File name is dr.log

DR Agent log usually contains more detailed information related to the error reported in the sapinst_dev log.

Please share it here with us too if possible.

Thanks

Regards

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cris,

Thank you.

On Standby DB (SYBSERVER2) I am able to connect on 4909 port.

But when I use the same command for port 4901, it fails (not sure if the command will be the same with a change of just port number)

Also, for the dr.log on primary site (SYBSERVER3), I am still in the process of installing SRS and stuck because of the error mentioned in the Forum.

Hence the folder structure is still not created on primary site (SYBSERVER3). I am unable to provide the dr.log

I have checked for the folder structure on standby DB (SYBSERVER2)

dr log from standby DB (SYBSERVER2) attached here.

Please advise.

thanks

Sai

crisnormand
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sai,

This is odd so same password works on port 4909 but not on port 4901..

Can we see the ASE sql.ini file?

Did you try to change DR_admin ASE login password after SRS installation on standby site?

Thanks

Cris