cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRF+, DB Lookup and External Reference Fields

former_member348835
Participant
0 Kudos

I would like to make a DB lookup of table KONP of especially the field KONP-KBETR (the condition amount). This field has a reference/amount field KONWA from the structure RV13A:

As suggested at , I've tried to solve it by generating a view. This solution works, as long as the reference field belongs to a table. Here the reference field belongs to a structure.

We can of course discuss workarounds like making the lookup in SAP ERP before BRFplus and insert it into the function context. Please suggest answers, which are not workarounds.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

did you take a look at the blog , This is an alternative concerning the dealing with currecny fields and the DB lookup expression (not exactly fitting your case, but the basis of the blog seems to be fitting to your question)

Is the usage of CDS views an option for you?

Cheers

Christian

former_member348835
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christian

Thank you for your answer. It reveals that other workarounds exist outside BRFplus, and that you are very aware of the problem in SAP regarding DB lookups and currencies. Therefore I don't expect further answers.

CDS may very well be a solution. However, as Tobias Trapp states in the discussion of your article, the developer readiness to CDS is not very high. Furthermore I will still recommend that SAP develops a more user friendly solution.

0 Kudos

Hi,

me being aware of that will not help you as I am not SAP empoyee.

Perhaps is the right person to take a look at this post.

Cheers

Christian

former_member348835
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok. Thank you anyway.

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know the problem. Some years back I have analyzed the issue with my team. We came to the conclusion that we do not want to support this case. On the ABAP stack there is a history of 20+ years of development with various concepts. We do not want to support each and every possible approach as it would make BRFplus much more complex and slow down performance.  Sorry, for deliverying the bad news.

Carsten

Answers (0)