cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ClickOnce Deployment Visual Studio 2013

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have just upgraded an old .Net 1.1 Windows Forms app containing Crystal Reports to .Net 4.5.  All is now working but deployment is causing a bit of a problem

We are trying to use ClickOnce to deploy the app but after the ClickOnce install of Crystal Reports and when the actual app installation starts, we get this error

Unable to install or run the application. The application requires that assembly CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommonObjectModel Version 13.0.2000.0 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) first. Please Contact your System Administrator.

Some details:

Dev environment Compile / Publish options

Windows 8.1 / 64bit / Visual Studio 2013.

We are forcing the app to build in 32bit as we are also including some other 3rd party software which can only work as 32bit - so in Compile options, the Target Cpu is 'x86'

Under Publish Prerequisites, we have set 'SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .Net Framework' and 'Download prerequisites from the component vendor's web site' is the selected option

Deploying app to:

Windows Server 2012 64 bit

Windows 7 64bit

Problem

When running the ClickOnce SetUp, it seems that both 32bit and 64bit versions of Crystal Reports are successfully installed but as soon as the install of our app begins, the error in bold above appears.

Can anyone help?

J

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi J

Please have a look at KBA 1534388 - CRVS2010 - Creating ClickOnce deployment

I'm pretty sure that will get you going.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay I have done that.  However, the issue persists.

I have also tried setting the Prerequisite option to 'Download prerequisites from the same location as my application' but the same happens.

Basically Crystal Reports is successfully installed but as soon as the install moves on to the main application it fails with

Unable to install or run the application. The application requires that assembly CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.CommonObjectModel Version 13.0.2000.0 be installed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) first. Please Contact your System Administrator.

I do notice that the msi files are

CRRuntime_32bit_13_0_13.msi

CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_13.msi

Which has a different version to the CommonObjectModel version above which is 13.0.2000... dont know if that is significant?

J

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julian

The x_13_0_13.msi just means it is for SP 13. Assembly version never changes, so it stays as 13.0.2000... - the version number of the assembly does change and will be 13.0.13.x.

If you look in the GC, do you see the assembly there?

Is your project referencing the assembly? If it is, does it need to?

- Ludek

Answers (0)