cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete job does not working after migrating Unix to Windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After migrating OS Unix to OS Windows we changed the new phisical path via customizing and after scheduling an archiving process (only deletion,not archiving) we obtained the folowing results:

1- The Write Job finished OK

2- The Delete Jobs finished OK

but:

The corresponding archive sesión set on "incomplete" status and when trying to delete it  vía SARA > Delete menú, the  Delete Job finish OK but the archive session still remains as "incomplete"  status. Additonally when checking, no data was deleted from corresponding tables on data base....

Could anyone please give me any hint to solve this issue ?

Best regards

Joseph Sangoi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the job log in detail or only checked the status of the job from the overview?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen

Sure, I checked the job log details and its shows that all the documents were deleted but really they weren´t ....

Thanks for your comment,

Best regards

Joseph Sangoi

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then it looks like you executed the deletion with a variant where the Testrun flag is active.

I had actually expected that the job detail tells you about missing authorization or about a file name that could not be found.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You were right...I had not checked the delete variants in the customizing settings  and the productive variant was wrong

I fixed it and the delete process finished fine

Thanks a lot

JS

former_member222508
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

Check the delete variants in the customizing settings. You might not have maintained them properly over there.

please maintain delete variants with respect to test run and delete run properly and execute the job.

Thanks,

Bala.