cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report Viewer's parameter panel is empty

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using Crystal Reports 13 SP 13 in Visual Studio 2010. The report is viewed in an aspx.net web page. What I want is for the report to prompt for a parameter before it loads, and then the user can select a new parameter and view other records from it. I've verified that my parameter, a drop down list, is working as intended.

I've set the parameter to be 'editable', but nothing is in the panel. In fact, if I allow the group tree panel and button to be shown, there is no button to click for the parameter panel at all.

Oddly enough, as I was struggling with my previous issues, have the user change their parameter in that panel was one of the things that worked.

My current implementation uses a DataTable created from a DataSet. The report is stored in a Session variable. If I had to guess, it is one of these things that's giving me my new problem.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've found some interesting code here.

foreach (CrystalDecisions.Shared.ParameterField parameterField in reportDocument.ParameterFields)
{

parameterField.ParameterFieldUsage2 = ParameterFieldUsage2.ShowOnPanel;

}

Unfortunately, like the poster of that thread this code doesn't work for me. The system throws a System.NotSupportedException when trying to set the ParameterFieldUsage2 property to ShowOnPanel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved it.

So it turns out that sessions were the problem all along. For whatever reason, I couldn't update the parameters when the report is stored in a session variable.

So for that I had to change up my implementation once again.

private ReportDocument rpt;
private myDataSet ds;

protected void Page_Init(object sender, EventArgs e)
{

DataTable dt = new DataTable();
  ds
= new myDataSet();
  myDataSetTableAdapters
.myTableTableAdapter dsTA = new myDataSetTableAdapters.myTableTableAdapter();
  dt
= dsTA.GetData();

rpt
= new ReportDocument();
  rpt
.Load(Server.MapPath(mapPath));
  rpt
.SetDataSource(dt);

CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = rpt;

}

That's it. That's all I needed for this to work. No more worrying about post backs, or sessions. After everything I went through to get here I don't quite understand how this can be so simple. But it works.

Answers (0)