cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to include all LOV in single value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my report i am using  county column .

County colum contains  7  values (Australia,France,Germany,Holland,Japan,UK,US) .

so i enable LOV in universe ,Now user can select LOV in report  as required .

Issue :   Now user came up that he don't want to select 7 county values(Australia,France,Germany,Holland,Japan,UK,US)

instead of that he need   ALL Values in        A

ex: (Australia,France,Germany,Holland,Japan,UK,US)     in A

so that if user select in LOV   A   all values should select.

How to implement this concept

I tried with diff concepts still  

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Which version of BO are you on? Can't you just make the prompt optional if you're on BO 4.x?

former_member207052
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My suggestion, In the report make this an an optional prompt and advise the user that if they don't select anything "all values" are selected by default.

If you still want to show "All Values" build a custom list of values with "All Values" as a value and use the case statement in the filter, something like

CASE WHEN country like 'All Values' Then 'India,US,Australia,China ELSE country END

Regards,

Naras

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narashimman,

Thanks for quick response

Ur solution gives some idea to go ahead ,

could u please give me exact syntax ,i am facing issue the following sysntax

CASE WHEN country like 'All Values' Then 'India,US,Australia,China ELSE

country

Thanks,

Raghu

former_member207052
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use input control. The best option in my opinion for situations like this. Just came to my mind.

To do at the universe level follow the screenshots to get the all values option.

Custom List of Values:

SELECT Country.Country

FROM Country

Union all

SELECT DISTINCT 'All Countries'

FROM Country

Filter & output:

@Select(Country\Country) =(

CASE

WHEN  @Prompt('Enter value(s) for Country','A','Country List':'Country',Mono,Free,Persistent)='All Countries'

THEN @Select(Country\Country)

ELSE  @Prompt('Enter value(s) for Country','A','Country List':'Country',Mono,Free,Persistent)

END

)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

I guess that you need a link,just a link to a new report. The link is called A and the report is the info from  (Australia,France,Germany,Holland,Japan,UK,US)

Correct?

Check it, the hiperlink with paramters, it's not with country names but it's a example with city names.

How to create a cascading List of Values (LOV) in UNX with hierarchical display - Business Intellige...

And I add this link also: BOBJ Tricks: Cascading Prompts