cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-assign permissions for deleted BOBJ group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm at the intersection of SAP Business Objects [BOBJ] and SAP Security (perhaps this fits better in another forum).

I have a BOBJ Enterprise group which was deleted accidentally and I need to restore it with it's user security rights assignments.  Luckily, there was only 2 nested groups inside so I don't have to worry about assigning all the users back.  I was able to recover the group by exporting/importing it via LCMBIAR file, so the CUID matches - this is important as we need to promote it from this Dev system to the productive system where it is still available.  But user security assignments to each of the objects was not restored (not suprisingly).

This group had explicitly (not inherited) assigned rights (via access lists) to many other objects before it was deleted.  I think my question is two-fold:

1st) Is there a way to restore the security rights assignments on all objects?  Technically, this information still lives with the objects somewhere.  Deleting the group should not have removed these.  But I guess the Enterprise ID (not CUID) controls this which is different than before.  If there was a way to change the Enterprise ID to the same as the group previously had, that might fix everything.

2nd) Is there a way I can search where the group was previously assigned so if I need to manually re-assign it, I won't miss something.  Perhaps by leveraging query builder?

Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is still an issue we need to resolve.  Any help would be appreciated.  Otherwise, it might be a guessing game to assign all the correct permissions to this group again.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand BOBJ security is not a primary discipline for SAP Security professionals.  I don't see a way to move my own post, so if this is better suited in another forum, can someone help me get it there?  Or should I simply re-post it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lets try move it to the Business Objects general forum.

Cheers,

Julius