cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow access

paola_bruccoleri
Explorer
0 Kudos

In our company we use ADS 9.1 with harbor systems. On Saturday the server was migrated and also changed operating system: Windows Server 2008 was passed to Windows Server 2012 R2.

Before making the switch was tested and the systems worked smoothly, but only tested on the new server, no network connection.

Monday, starts happening a problem that does not find solution, we do not know if it has to do with ADS or server configuration. Every so often (not a given frequency) the system slows any option (for example looking for a customer, sales, etc) but only briefly. During that time, all machines (about 15) are hung.

The file ADS_ERR.ADT not report anything .. for example today there is only this:

56 20/05/2015 8:45:13 1892 7000 7020 login.c 6183   M04 192.168.1.50 9.10.0.9 Windows NT 6.2 TERMINAL-SERVER Username: M04

AuthUsername: OSUserLogin:terminal3 Address:192.168.1.50 TerminalAddress:0.0.0.0

but at that time it did not happen the problem

The network technician asked to write the time when that happens so you can check the system logs.

Can you think of an idea to start researching?

We wait for the release of ADS 12 for upgrade version. (We use ads since 2000 with version 5.4 without any problems)

I appreciate the help you can give me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

HakanHaslaman
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hello Paola,

As I know, ADS 9.1 is not supported on Windows 2012 R2 and this could be the first problem.

If you have this issue only over the network, it could be, that you connect on the server over the IPC connection. For a test, disable the IPC connection in the registry and check the performance again. To disable the IPC connection, you will find a KBA in our SAP Knowledge Base. The link to our SAP Knowledge Base is available in our SAP ADS Wiki.

I guess the problem is related to a network issue, so I would recommend to use in the ADS.ini file following:

---

[Name of your Server machine]

LAN_IP= IP Address from your Server

LAN_PORT= i.e. 6262, which must be the same as you define in the Advantage Configuration Utility

[SETTINGS]

USE_TCP_IP=1

---

Please check, if at the time of the performance problem any application like virus scanner is scanning.

Also be sure to check the power settings for the Windows Server 2012 R2.

http://devzone.advantagedatabase.com/forum/questions/1566/why-is-ads-slower-when-installed-on-window...

paola_bruccoleri
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hakan..
very thanks for your answer.
I delayed in responding to assess changes. With your tips performance improved significantly.
I think the delay in accessing data also due to the number of connections and configured tables; I increased the number too.
Only now we're having some problems with the network interfaces, but no longer has to do with ADS.

HakanHaslaman
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Thanks for your Feedback Paola!

sungur1
Explorer
0 Kudos

looks really pretty old Information. I hope, there is something new