cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter down to HANA View through filter and not prompt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having some issues with repeated variables in a dashboard based on HANA views, so I wonder if there is an option to use filter (not a prompt) to go back to the level of the HANA View and bring different set of data.

My current understanding is that Filter is affect only the data that is already presented in the dashboard, but prompt actually goes back the HANA view level. Is it so?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I try my best to place an answer, probably it is not yet covering all aspects, but for sure some.

Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Karol, very informative blog. I'll post you a question there

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to filter at HANA information view level then you can use "input parameters" in your HANA information view. You can use these IPs to filter tables/projections in view and later use them in #BOBJ Universe as prompts (if you are using universe)

Now, I never tested creating DS app directly on HANA view which has input parameter. Though, it should work.

Regards

ANgad

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please look at the application flows in the SAP Help on pages 181-183 to help answer your questions: http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/AAD14/en/ds14SP02_user_en.pdf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy, but this only refers to flow with prompts. How filter differs from Prompt is not explained.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - on this:

"My current understanding is that Filter is affect only the data that is already presented in the dashboard, but prompt actually goes back the HANA view level. Is it so?"

Your understanding is my understanding as well - filter only impacts data already brought back to the application