cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with invoking webservices in Data Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a web portal for timesheet submissions and we are trying to use the web services of the portal within BODS and pull the timesheet data into a table using BODS job.

1. The Data Services servers are within the firewall. So we have taken the proxy setting of an adapter which was pre-configured at management console and used it to create a data store of type SOAP webservice and the WSDL end point in data store config is pointing to the actual URL of the web service. Data store connection is working fine and i am able to pull the WSDL function and build a job and pass the output to a staging table.

2. When i execute the job, however i am ending up with the below error.

Any idea why ?

regards,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member623119
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have this problem. I can call webservices from my ETL, but I have a special case of https:

recorte.jpg

I've have configured axis2file.xml like this:

captura.jpg

But I can not invoke the webservice. It is a thirdparty webservive. With soamanager webserive I've not found any problem. Issue is the following:

captura-2.jpg

Any advice? Furthermore, I do not receive anything y axis_2.log...

Thanks in advance,

saurabh_tibrewal
Discoverer
0 Kudos

did you ever found out the resolution? i am facing the same issue....

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is a generic, error, what is the version of DS ?

can you run the job from command line with additional -D argument, this will create a log file in %DS_CMMON_DIR%\log folder named axis2_log.txt, post the last few lines of that log, you can mask the sensitive information when posting the log

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. I changed my Job to execute another webservice which is used for logging into the web portal and generate a session ID. I passed the credentials and when i looked at the output, the session ID is null and i am getting the same error as mentioned in my original question.

Version of DS is DS 4.2 SP3 Patch 2 in Linux box.

Authentication method - LDAP

Regarding execution of job via command line..

1. How do i execute the job via command prompt in 4.2 env ? I logged into Putty, went into /usr/sap/BID/dataservices/bin folder ( under which al_engine file is present ).

I know that in 3.x env, we use the below command...

al_engine -U<User> -P<Pw> -N<DB Type> -S<HostName that appears in designer client login screen> -Q -s<Job Name> -D -np

For 4.2 Env, Where do i pass Local repo details in the command ? Can you help me out with the entire command line argument please ?

2. Another question, At the webservice data store level, should i be giving the axis2.xml path ?

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Please go through the below link. You will find answer to your Question No.2 and other necessary steps which is necessary for invoking a web service. I am assuming that your WSDL is HTTPS based.

Regards

Arun Sais

Former Member
0 Kudos

for DS 4.2 also the engine command line is the same

al_engine -U<User> -P<Pw> -N<DB Type> -S<HostName that appears in designer client login screen> -Q -s<Job Name> -D -np

you can get the HostName and Database name from CMC where the local repo is registered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Was able to execute the job via command prompt finally after encountering and resolving some missing library errors. Below is the snapshot of the axis2_log.txt

Although for some reasons, in the same file there are logs dated against  two values( May 27th and Jun 10th ).

I executed the job on June 10th, So i am not sure what to make of May 27th entries.

How do i read this file to get more information on why my job is not invoking the webservices ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can ignore the logs from may 27th if you are not seeing that same error for the date on which you ran the job from command line, the error is about unable to load libraries, are you trying to run the job from command from a shared network location ?

the other error is related to unable to open connection to the server, possibly due to incorrect certificate or format or missing setting from axis2.xml, did you setup the certificate properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Did you try using other tools such as SOAP UI to access the web services from DS job server? That would rule out any network/security realted issues before getting to troubleshooting on the DS side.

Regards

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Certificates have been set up.

Within the web services data store settings, I made a minor change in the field where we mention the axis2.xml path and found difference in the error messages that gets populated into axis2_log.txt ..Below are the screenshots of the same. Could not figure out anything from the messages though..

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you use a tool like SoapUI to debug your connection issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I installed the tool and found out that its asking for a license.

So could not proceed with debugging the connection approach.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need a license for SoapUI Open Source (it's all in the name ) and it suits the purpose perfectly well.