cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when following the ESPM Installation guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I started the ESPM Installation guide yesterday and everything has worked as expectes till step 3.2.2 - ESPM Webshop Application.  The guide says to perform a Run As -> Run on Server on the espm-cloud-web Project.  My problem is the Run As does not have a Run on Server option.

All previous steps were successful without errors. I found a few discussions that mentioned changing the Project Facets to include Dynamic Web Content would give the Run on Server option. When I try this I do get the Run on Server option but the browser launches to a 404 error. I would not think this should be necessary given the sources should work as is.

I created a new workspace and repeated all the steps of the guide to the same problem point. Now I am at a loss of what to check for. Is this a Maven set up issue, version conflict since I am on newer versions of the JDK and Cloud SDK (updated the settings.xml to reflect this newer version)?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Steven

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to resolve my problem by installing the m2e-wtp connector.  I do not know if this should normally be installed automatically but after installing it, restarting eclipse, and running Maven-Update Project, I had the Run on Server option in my context menu.

Upon executing the Run on Server option, the application deploys and launches successfully in the browser.

I installed the m2e-wtp connector with the following steps in Eclipse:

1. Window-> Preferences
  2. Maven->Discovery
  3. Click Open catalog
  4. Search for wtp
  5. Check box for m2e-wtp and click Finish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185231
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Steven,

did you "Select espm-cloud-web project node"? (3.3.2.1 from http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0a09cc1-f60b-3110-06ad-8ea8c34c1...)

On 3.2.2.1 is explained how to run it locally? Did you succeed to do so?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dobromir,

I am unable to execute 3.2.2.1 because I do not have the context menu option it refers to.

As you can see in the screenshot Run on Server is not in the list like the guide shows.

I am not sure why it is not there.

former_member185231
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Do you have SAP HANA Cloud Platform tools installed inside eclipse?

The projects are with Maven nature and do not need them to be build, but Run on server action comes from Web Server Tools and if you use pure Java development flavour of Eclipse the WST will be installed with the HCP tools.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed the SAP HANA Cloud Platform tools as described in the guide.  Here is a list of the installed software from my Eclipse installation. I highlighted the sections I believe you are referring to.

Assuming these are the correct tools, I am unsure where to go from here.

One thing I have noticed is if I try and look at the project facets, it appears it is not set up.

In my prior workspace I chose the Convert to faceted form and Dynamic Web Module was not selected. When I added the facet, I got the Run on Server option but it did not install/deploy correctly because I was getting 404 errors.  How does a Maven project designate the Dynamic Web Module if the project is not configured for facets?

Thanks