cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Notification Language changed in Outlook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have followed all the steps and created a basic WF for PO Approval. My background scheduled job send extended notification for releasing PO to the agent.

When I check in SOST, I see the mail details in English language, as well as the mail language as EN in the mail attributes. When the mail is pushed from SAP to Outlook, the mail appears in Outlook in Dutch language which is a Company Code Language.

Can you please guide me, how can I change it to send the mail to Outlook in either in English or in User's default language?

Cheers!!!

Amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

There is a batch job RSCONN01 that sends the emails from SOST  to outlook. Check the language setting SU01 of batch user that is running this job.

Also check the Language of WF-BATCH user

Regards

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priti & Sandy,

I did check all the settings you mentioned. All looks ok. We don't have automated mail sending and no program is running to push them. I am manually pushing them. My IDs SU01 language is EN. WF-BATCH user language is blank.

Still, I see mail in SOST in English and once pushed to Outlook, it appears in Dutch language.

Any clue?

Cheers!!!

Amit

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

As far as I know,what you see in SOST should be what you see in Outlook.

Are you sure they are the same email?

Maybe a screenshot would be useful.

Are you able to change the language of WF-BATCH to see if it makes a difference?

regards

Rick

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Have you checked the language settings of the "Email Receiver" in SU01. May be the language of user receiving email is set to Dutch. Also check the language settings of user under which "Extended Notification" background jobs are running.

Language administration can be done with transactions SMLT and reports RSCP0001, RSCP0004, RSCP0017, and RSCP0020. Reach out to Basis for help to check the settings if this is happening for all users.

If this issue is happening for 1-2 users then check language setting of these users.

Regards

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

I was under the same impression but that's not the case. I see simple English in SOST and the outlook is in Dutch. I have checked and WF-BATCH has no language maintained in SU01.

Any other setting may be?

Cheers!!!

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

The "Email Receiver" and "Extended Notification" runner is my own ID with EN maintained in SU01. Still, Outlook mail is in Dutch. It's happening with all the users. I referred it to BASIS and they bounced it back to me.

Not sure what's missing and where. Any clue?

Cheers!!!

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Do the emails get sent immediately by the extended notifications report/job (I think this is possible if you set the high priority in the extended notification configuration) or 2) are the emails first created into the SOST-queue and then sent by RSCONN01?

If it is the first one, then I would be looking some kind of bug in the extended notifications report (and possibly report it to SAP?). If it is the second one, then it sounds really unbelievable: how does RSCONN01 know how to translate emails...

Regards,

Karri

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amit

In transaction SWNCONFIG, go to the "general settings" and maintain "WI_TASK_LANGUAGE" as EN and then check the results with emails triggered from newly created workitems .

Also check SAP note 1230808 - Workflow notification: notification not in language of user

Regards

sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Sorry but I should have clarified it before. I am on SAP 4.7 and SWNCONFIG doesn't exist here. I run RSWUWFML2 to push notifications to SOST and for now, manually push it to Outlook as we don't want other mails to go out automatically and the auto job is switched off.

The language in RSWUWFML2 is also blank and I even tried it with EN. SOST has is correct but Outlook is still Dutch

Cheers!!!

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karri,

I am using RSWUWFML2 to push notifications to SOST as I am on SAP 4.7

From SOST, we have switched off the auto mail sending. I manually select the mail and push it to Outlook. The language in Outlook is Dutch.

Cheers!!!

Amit

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

ensure that language in "address" Tab and "Default" tab in SU01 is maintained as 'EN' for all users

Refer to SAP Note 849251 - RSWUWFML2: Incorrect logon language in SAP shortcut

attachm.

The communication language is used instead of the logon language

Regards

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Screenshot of the email content in SOST and then from Outlook?

Is the Dutch text in Outlook exactly the same as is defined in the system in SE61 for the RSWUWFML2 texts? (Could there be some kind of "auto-translation" on in Outlook?)

Kind regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

I tried made sure that EN is at both the tabs but still no change.

Cheers!!!

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karri,

I am sorry but I am lost at SE61... I haven't maintained anything in SE61 from my side.

SOST Text is as:

Your Workflow inbox in the SAP system XXX, client XXX,
contains the following work
item:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
This PO requires release. Please follow the link, login into SAP and approve or
reject the work item for your release
code.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Open the SAP shortcut attachment in order to process the work item.

If you have any problems logging on, contact your system administrator.

============================================================

Outlook Text is as:

Geachte heer, mevrouw,                                                     

Bijgevoegd ontvangt u de factuur over de recente levering(en) van Unifinvan Unifine F&Bi.                                                   

Wij vertrouwen u hiermee voldoende te hebben geïnformeerd.                 

Met vriendelijke groet,                                                   
Unifine F&Bi Nederland BV                                                 

Deze mail is vervaardigd in een automatisch proces. U
**** niet naar dit adres antwoorden !!

===========================================================================

Cheers!!!

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

The texts that are used by RSWUWFML2 are maintained in SE61 (dialog texts). So, if you take a look into the selection screen of RSWUWFML2, you can see the texts that it is using, and then you can open the same texts in SE61 in Dutch. Is it the same text that you are seeing in Outlook? Clearly it looks like the text is something completely different than the English version.

Kind regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked in SE61 for Dutch language. It is exact translation of what I see in SOST. But that is not what I get in Outlook. Outlook matter is way diifferent. Where that might be picking up from? Is it possible that someone has defaulted it for some other purpose and this email is picking the same? How to go for that?

Cheers!!!

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Clearly someone has done something to cause this behavior. If I were you I would go to push one email from SOST, and debug the code to see what is going on.

Did you try to translate the Dutch text? It is speaking about invoices. Perhaps there is some kind of invoice handling process in use, and some kind of enhancement has been done for its purposes, and now it is causing this mysterious behavior for other processes too...

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess, you are right... Let me work with other members to find out what's going on. Will surely confirm once I know the outcome.

Thanks a ton for your help...

Cheers!!!

Amit

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I can tell (and I can read Dutch), that email is completely unrelated to the workitem.

Why do you think they are linked?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Please check your setting for language in SU01 in which you have maintianed job scheduled.

Also, in tcode: SBWP: in menu bar seetings --> workflow seetings --> personal settings --> check the setting.

In SE63 check in menu bar --> worklist --> standard -> check the language.

Also, refer this document

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/206762fd-0380-2b10-e880-ee786bae7...

Try all these solutions and let me know if it works.

Regards,

Priti.