Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing stock is considered in strategy 11

former_member600146
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Below is my scenario.

I have a material with strategy type 11, mixed MRP 2 and availability check 02. In plant i have existing stock 10. I have 2 stock transfer requisition of 240 and 30. When running MRP in MD03 system deducting existing 10 qty and creating PO of 260 qty.

Should strategy 11 consider the existing stock? I want MRP to create PO for 270 and leave the existing stock alone. How should I proceed?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajib,

Planning strategy 11 won't consider the warehouse stock in standard.

Do you have assigned any special procurement key with alternative plant if yes check the planning strategy in other plant?

Please share us the snap shot of your MD04.

BR
KK

former_member600146
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I am using a custom special procurement key(copy of production in alt plant). In my other plant from where the demand are generated I am using strategy 40, as the demand will come in form of sell order. Attached is MD04 screenshot.

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajib,

Planning strategy 40 would consider available stock in system.

If your shown screen shot is for the plant where you using planning strategy 11 then please show plant names also and let us know the in which plant what strategy you are using.

BR
KK

former_member600146
Participant
0 Kudos

Kiran,

Let me explain my scenario here again. I have a material which exists in plant 4000 and 9000 both. Demand is entered in 4000 in form of sell order/PIR. Strategy 40 is maintained in 4000. We will run MRP in 4000 which will create STR in plant 9000. If any stock exists for the material in 9000 MRP should not consider them. Strategy 11 is maintained in 9000. But MRP is deducting the existing stock.

Below are the MD04 screenshots for both plants.

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajib,

I think this is standard behavior of the system because your requirements in plant 9000 are from alternative plant 4000,To confirm this behaviors just delete those requirements in sandbox and create a new direct requirement in 9000 and see if those consider existing stock.

To achieve your requirement I suggest you use BADI MD_CHANGE_MRP_DATA to restrict system from considering the available stock.

BR
KK

former_member600146
Participant
0 Kudos

If I enter PIR in 9000 then it is working fine. But the demand has to flow from 4000 to 9000 manual PIR not acceptable. How to achieve this?

The BADI you mentioned can you provide some details on it. What will be the impact? Will it impact my complete MRP system?

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajib,

With given BADI you can restrict system to consider available stock in case of any alternative plant requirements exists.

Check with your ABAP consultant to write your own logic to achieve your requirement.

BR
KK