cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

category at Service ->Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have a problem with some fields in Service -> Problem. they are disabled. how can I activate them?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

now i have to show you something weird.

I tried to repeat similar steps to get the same schema for the Incident (ITIN).

I can already find it in schemas but i don't see the name of the schema!?

Regards

Rosti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok i solved it 😃

I had to traport all the changes to another client. 

Regards

Rosti

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rosti,

Once you have created the schema and released the same you cannot change the existing schema however you can copy the schema or create a new version of the same.

Now please find the below points and configure your schema.

1) I checked your last screen shots you have again added subject profile to your application area which is not correct( Check your first screen shot to the right you should not add the subject profile) Check my screen shots below, the system will not have a subject profile.

The application area which you are configuring should match your transaction type if the transaction type is problem ITPR then the application area should also be problem, hence please let me know which is your transaction type?, I am pasting a screen shot for problem application area

if you are creating the schema for ITSM transaction then the application area would be different see my screen shot below, it should be Service Request Incident as per the screen shot below.

Also check what you have configured configuration in the below node with regards to assignment of  Transaction type to catalog categories, if the assignment is D for e.x.

Then in the schema assignment also should be D please check this assignment correctly.

When you move to the next level in the hierarchy of the schema just enter the description which you have configured in your code Z1-Z1

Also do the same for your first level as well screen shot attached below

Check if you have released the code groups which you have defined

Kind Regards

Atul

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Roti,

Glad to know your issue is resolved request you to please close the thread.

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athul,

i solved only the Problem with the visibility of the new schema i created but not the mainthread.

Regards

Rosti

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Roti,

I could not understand your last post, is your issue resolved are you able to see your schema in the transaction in the categorization fields.

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

everything on your screenshots is similar to my settings except of the Transaction Type.

I defined my own.

Regards

Rosti

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rosti,

You mentioned that your issue was resolved.

With regards to the above posts you have moved your transport requests, however you need to create your schema again in another server or you need to move the categorization schema,have you done the same.

Kind Regards

Atul

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Roti,

Paste the following  screen shots

a) Application area of your Categorization Schema.

b) Your transaction type to catalog category assignment

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

here are the screenshots.

Regards

Rosti

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Roti,

With regards to the second screen shot I am not able to see your transaction type YIN. Have you maintained your transaction type in the second screen shot.

Once you maintain the same please send me a screen shot of the same.

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

the Transaction "YIN" is here CRM - > Transactions - > Basicsettings - > Define Transaction Types

Regards

Rosti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

just for clarification. I see my schema now and it is active.

but if i try to create an Incident or Problem, all of the Kategories are disabled:

Regards

Rosti

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Roti,

There is some missing configurations please do the required as per my feedback below

You have not answered my last query. Have you maintained the entry in the customization transaction type to catalog Categories, I do not see your entry in this customization.

Can you please maintain the entry for your transaction type YIN and paste a screen shot for the same, once you have maintained the entry

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

i hope this is what you need to help me

Regards

Rosti

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Roti,

No this was not what I had asked however please do the following,

Go to the following node in customization node

CRM-CRM-Cross-Application Components-Multilevel Categorization-Assign Transaction Types to Catalog Categories

Click on the standard transaction and do a copy as explained below

Now enter your transaction type YIN click enter and then save the entry

Once you have done this setting please paste a screen shot I will then advice you on the further steps to be done.

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

i folowed you advices and here is the screen shot:

Regards

Rosti

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rosti,

Great, now you need to do the following, click on the schema which you created.

Click on the version as per the below screen shot

Once you click on the version, the system will allow you to edit the application area of your new schema which you created. ( Do not change any other details in the schema)

By Default the date would be tomorrow's date and the time would be the current time, reset the date to today's date and put the time say half an hour ahead from the current time

The schema would be in draft mode ensure that you release the same and save your schema which you have created. Once you have done the same please paste a screen shot of your new schema which you created.

The schema in your transaction will get deployed post the time which you specified while creating it. Let me know of the same.

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

here is the screen shot of the new version of the schema.

I have a question: Is it ok that the Subject Profile is empty?

Regards

Rosti

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rosti,

Yes the subject profile field can be empty since you are using the schema for the incident management transaction where the  subject profile is not required.

However ensure that you fill the below fields for all your hierarchies which you have created in the schema, refer my screen shot below

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

i checked the fields and the are filled.

Regards

Rosti

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Rosti,

Great that your issue got resolved,request you to please close this thread.

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Regards

Rosti

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

i tried to follow your advice but still nothing changed =(

so i decided to post some screenshots.

maybe you will understand my Problem better.

thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rostislaw.

Have you used the Category Modeler to build the Categorisation Schema and have you assigned the Application Areas within the that Schema.

You can access the Category Modeler from the IC_MANAGER Business Role.

Regards

Arden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arden,

thank you for you advice.

Could you send me a few screenshots how to get to the Category Modeler?

Regards

Rostislaw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rostislaw

It's very straight forward

Login into the IC_MANAGER business role.

On the Homepage under "Search", click on "Categorisation Schema's"

Regards

Arden

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rostislaw,

If the issue is with the categorization schema fields can you please check the link below and follow the steps.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/CRM/Creating+Categorization+Schema+in+SAP+CRM+for+Service+Reque...

Only in the application area you need to add Problem, do let me know if this helps to resolve your issue.

Kind Regards

Atul

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rostislaw,

If the issue is with the categorization schema fields can you please check the link below and follow the steps.

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/CRM/Creating+Categorization+Schema+in+SAP+CRM+for+Service+Reque...

Only in the application area you need to add Problem, do let me know if this helps to resolve your issue.

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi  Atul,

thank you for this Information. This are realy nice step by step advices.

I'll try it today and then I write back.

Regards

Rosti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athul,

i did the first 7 advices but now i don't know how to perform step 8.

At first i defined a new transaction type. So at the next step i had to customize the header, but i've go an error: "Choose a business transaction category"

What do you think i made wrong?

Regards

Rosti

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rostislaw,

Ignore Step No 8 since the same is only relevant for Service Order's, since you are trying to create the categorization schema for problem transaction type you can proceed to Step 9.

Also ensure that you have copied your custom transaction type from ITPR which is the standard problem transaction type given by SAP.

Ensure that when you enter the application area, you select the problem transaction type as per the screen shot below since the schema is getting created for Problem Transaction Type.

Let me know if you require any further help on the same.

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Athul,

i did every stepp you told me. I even added the categoriyation schema to ID_? but  nothing changed. My dropdowns are still disabled.

I don't understand what my problem is.

Regards

Rosti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rostislaw

Could you please send a screen shot of the Schema you've created, similar to the one from Atul on 06/06.

Include the Application Areas information.

Regards

Arden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

here comes the screenshot.

Regards

Rosti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rosti

When you previously posted that you could not see values in your drop down, the Schema was not active. (Check the Active Date and Time values)

Have you tried going into your Transaction again.

Please send a screen shot of what is visible there.

Regards

Arden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

the  point i mentioned was not about the categorie schema.

It was about the category in an incident or problem that you can chose. This dropdowns are still disabled.

Regards

Rosti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rosti

OK.

I see you only have 1 category configured for your schema, could you send a screen shot of the values assigned to that category

This is a bit of a needle in a haystack

Regards

Arden

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

I will send now all screenshots that i did.

I'm desperate   

I don't even see the ZSubject when i'm choosing the category schema.

(I just noticed that)

Regards

Rosti

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rosti,

You have done most things correctly however check the following

1) In the first screen shot which you have replied to Aden the application area in the schema  is incorrect, you need to select problem you have chosen service ticket which is incorrect since I believe that you are creating schema for your Problem transaction type(ITPR), refer to my screen shot above.

2) As I mentioned to you before. Problem Service Ticket and Service Request will not have a subject profile,they are assigned using the following transaction types to the catalog category, you need to assign your transaction type there, your schema is created for Catalog C( Overview of Damage Defect) hence you need to assign your transaction type as C(Refer to the below screen shot)

3) Since there is no subject profile you need to enter the codes in the schema again check if you done them correctly as per the codes you have configured above.(Z1-Z1) (Z1-Z2) the same should be entered again in the schema. I have pasted a screen shot below for your easier understanding as there is no subject profile you need to do enter the codes manually again in your schema.

4) The schema should be in release mode it should not be in draft mode please check the same as well.As per my screen shot below also ensure that you have maintained the hierarchy correctly as per the codes which you have configured.

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

the points 3 and 4 were definitely done.

But i want to try to start from begin.

I think that I've done some mistakes at the first try and now the CRM don't let me change them.

For example i can't delete schemas that already are in status "Active" and so on.

Regards

Rosti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hellow Naresh Kumar Malik.

Hello Webster Cui.

Thank you both for your answers.

I will follow your advice and sign up if there are complications.

Webster_Cui
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Rostislaw,

Good day,

Obviously the issue is that the categorization schema determination is not set correctly.

For Problem, the determination is based on transaction type/catalog category combination.

Please go through note 1266940. You need define the schema first and do the customizing as well.

1266940 How to set customizing for multilevel categorization

Hope it is helpful and have a nice day.

Regards,

Webster

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krayzmann

Please check my below posts to similar issues

You cna go through the OSS note  1452753

Regards

Naresh