cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web DynPro Browser Standards Mode Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear folks,

my team and me are starting to implement a new EFP framework, we are currently discussing which browser modes we need to support, since Web DynPro application integration is important.

I know there is are certain patch levels for NW 7.30, 7.31 and 7.40 as well, starting at which SAP's Web DynPro engine will support Doctypes and browser standards mode and one can get rid of supporting Quirksmode.

Can someone of you help me state clearly the exact patch levels at which this is supported? I.e.

• NW 7.30
  • NW 7.31
  • NW 7.40

Maybe you can post a link reference to SAP Product Availability Matrix or some SCN post, where this information is held?

Thanks in advance,

Sascha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198633
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sascha,

Have you already found this note?

1854758 - Standard Mode support for WebDynpro Java applications

From NW 7.30 SP09 onwards we are supporting Standard Mode (only for standalone applications) for the below mentioned browsers :

- IE9 and IE 10

- Google Chrome

- Safari

- Firefox

Best Regards,

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

many thanks for your answer!

Indeed, I already found this note.

only for standalone applications

Hmm... Our focus is Web DynPro application integration, URL isolated and embedded as well, into a Light Framework Page or AJAX Framework Page.

As far as I understand, this is not covered by the depicted service pack NW 7.30 SP09, right?

Indeed it is important for us, that the Web DynPro application to be integrated into our framework page, behaves well with the HTML5-based framework page.

Are you able to give an answer to this requirement too?

Kind regards,

Sascha.