cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Monitor Java Jobs scheduled thru NWA JavaScheduler in Solution Manager BPMon?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have few Java jobs scheduled on SAP PI NWA,now i would like to check is it possible to monitor and raise alerts for these Netweaver Java Jobs from Solution Manager -> Technical Monitoring -> Job Monitoring?

Thank You,

Nagabhushanam M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ruth_reilly
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagabhushanam,

This Job Monitoring Wiki, should help here:

Job_Monitoring_Wiki - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Ruth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruth,

The Wiki page not having any information around SAP NWA Java Jobs.

Thank You,

Naga

former_member185326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nagabhushan,

You can do that from "Technical Monitoring --> System Monitoring" work center. Assuming that you are using Solman 7.1. For that, you'll have to setup technical monitoring of your PI system. In the "J2EE" templates, you have metrics which will monitor Java background jobs scheduled in NWA.

Regards,

Shahid Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid,

Thanks for the reply.

I have created the monitoring objects to all MY ABAP Jobs and CRM jobs from Technical Monitoring -> Job Monitoring

But at Job Monitoring i do not find options to add my NWA Java Job as Monitoring Object,could you pls provide me some helpful document of setting up Job Monitoring for my SAP PI Java Jobs,many thanks.

Thank You,

Naga

former_member185326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You will not find it in "Job monitoring" setup. You need to check that in "System Monitoring". Goto "solman_setup --> Technical Monitoring --> System Monitoring --> Template Maintenance --> J2EE templates as per your Java release", there, in the "Metrics" tab, you can find the metrics for Java job scheduler.

Regards,

Shahid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid,

Pls provide if you know any how to doc or blogs which give more details.

Thanks for the answers.

Thank You.

former_member185326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Overall configuration document is here http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/269157890/Setup+System+Monitoring+and+Alerting.pdf...

I dont see a specific document for your requirement. However, if you go through the "J2EE" template following the above given document, you can see the metrics there.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards,

Shahid Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid,

I am able select one of the SAP J2EE Template but not able to find any thing related to Java Job Scheduler other than 'Scheduler Jobs Average Runtime' in mentrics, my requirement is i wanted to alert my support team as and when i find any errors in any of my SAP PI Java Jobs,is it possible to setup this using solution manager->Technical Monitoring->System Monitoring?

Thank You.,

Naga

former_member185326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nagabhushan,

There in the template page (Expert mode), on left corner you see "Create" button. Click on "Create --> Metric". This is to create a new metric. Fill the required details and from data collector, pick "Diagnostic Agent push" , you will find a metric to monitor Java jobs.

I will see if I get a document on this with screen shots, will then share with you. But technically, it is possible to fulfill your requirement through Solman 7.1

Regards,

Shahid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid,

Very useful info,i am able to find the options to create a metric for Java Jobs,but would like to know how can i link my SAP PI Java System for this template?

Example if i have PI systems like: XD4,XS4 and XP1.

Now i wanted to link my XD4 Java stack to my template to monitor the jobs running on XD4 from my solution manager dev box,pls let me know how to link my PI Java system to the template where i created the metric to monitor the job jobs,appreciate your inputs here.

Thank You,

Naga

former_member185326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nagabhusan,

For that you'll have to follow the guide which I've shared earlier. Here it is http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/269157890/Setup+System+Monitoring+and+Alerting.pdf...

Before that, you'll have to add your PI systems to Solman landscape by pushing data from PI SLD to Solman SLD, maintain the system in LMDB. Then run "Managed system configuration" for your PI system through "solman_setup --> managed system config" in your Solman system.

After that, you can setup the PI system for technical monitoring.

Regards,

Shahid Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid,

Got your info and tried to create one metric to collect data for Java jobs 'ERRORs' and activated my Notifications with my mail id.

But now when i try to fail a Java job with 'ERROR' i am not getting any alert notifications to my mail id also would like to know where can i check my metrics data i mean alerts raised on my metric.

Pls help me with this.

Thank you,

former_member185326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nagabhushan,

Have you maintained your email Id in notification management? Have you followed the document which i shared earlier? Once you configure the system for alerting, you'll surely get notified (provided your template settings are appropriate). If possible, share screen capture of your template config.

Regards,

Shahid

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid,

Pls check i had shared my screens of J2EE template.

Thank You,

Naga

former_member185326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you navigate to SM_WORKCENTER --> Technical Monitoring --> Alert Inbox and check for alerts there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid,

I do not see any errors against Java Jobs.

All my settings are correct? do you think any other stuff i am missing here?

Many Thanks.

Thank You,

Naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shahid,

I am not able to fix this issue,as i am getting alerts in case of system down,but Java job alerts,pls help me to know the issue.

Thank You,

Naga

Answers (0)