cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Use Webservices as Source as well as Target in SAP BODS 4.1?

0 Kudos

Any ony ,could you please help me regarding  Use of Webservices as Source as well as Target in SAP BODS 4.1.

I have requirement to create a Batch Job where it will take input from UI and after processing it will return the output to the UI.

After scanning some documents I have decided to recieve input through web services (WSDL) and returning the out also as web services.

Firstly please tell me am I thinking in right path or I need to take different approach?

Secondly, if I am right ,could please tell me first how I can push the output of batch job to the web services so that UI can receive the output ?

Also please explain the configuration need to do in Management console to use the webservice as source/target.

Or, if I can achieve the scenario in any other way could you please suggest that in detail?

Waiting for your inputs eagerly.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Rishabh_Awasthi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Web Service Call in SAP Data Services 

Go through this..

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Rishabh

0 Kudos

Thank you Rishav.This is very helpfull to call web service.

I also need some info abou how i can refeed the output to the Ui(SAP NW) .

Do you have any more information about this.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think a batch job is appropriate for what you're trying to achieve.

Would you please have a look at Realtime at a Glance - Enterprise Information Management - SCN Wiki first? And more in particular to Acting as Server - Enterprise Information Management - SCN Wiki. IMHO, this is what you should be looking for.

0 Kudos

Thank you. Let me go through these.I will analyse whether it is fullfilling my requirement or not.

0 Kudos

Thank you Drik. Now, I have got an idea how I can use the webservice as source.

But I am not getting  any clear picture about how I can trigger the job automatically ( is wait_for_file or any similar function can be used for this ) and how I can send the the output of the job back to the UI (for my case SAP NW).

Could you please help me in this regard.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You build your real-time DS job as a Web Service, your UI will act as a client. Once started, real-time jobs run indefinitely. The service will enter waiting mode till the client posts a message, process it, return the results and go into ait again.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification.