cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PB12.6 migrate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

We are in the process of migrating our application from PB12.5.2 to PB12.6 (build 4035).

During the process, PB12.6 crashes when it comes to the regenerating part, and on a specific object.

However, this only happens on 2 out of 4 computers. On my computer the migration works fine and I can run the application.

On my colleagues computer PB12.6 crashes with the "SAP PowerBuilder 12.6 has stopped working" error.

PB12.6 also crashes when he rightclicks on the object and choose "Regenerate".

And it crashes if he chooses "Edit source" and saves the changes.

I've tried to send my version of the object to him, but the same error occurs.

He has tried to reinstall PB12.6 with the latest EBF, and still no luck.

The only difference between my environment and his is that I have Visual Studio 2012 and 2013 installed.

Otherwise we both have Windows 8.1 64-bit and have installed PB12.6 from the same installation files.

Any ideas where to start looking?

Is it possible to add some sort of logging to catch what's causing the crash?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bjarne;

FWIW: I would stay on PB 12.5.x for now as many of my clients have found that PB 12.6 has many bugs. SAP are still patching 12.6 and they have also changed the Structure memory application scheme without notice ( ) as another example of things that still need to be ironed out.

With the transition of PB from SAP to Appeon now engaged. I think that Appeon will need some time to clean-up the PB 12.6 code line once the final contract for PB is in place. I'm pretty sure that Appeon already have a feeling for the stability issues with PB 12.6 what may need to be addressed at a high level. We'll just have to wait now and see how they plan to tackle this aspect in their Appeon PB road-map.

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to totally agree, I would NOT recommend 12.6. The benefits of the new features are dubious and the instability is just not worth the hassle.

12.5.2 seems to be reasonable so far, I'm sticking with that one until everyone stops complaining

Cheers

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I had some issues after installing 12.5.2 EBF 5751. It also affected 12.6. I then get back 12.5.2 5703, and all problems disappeared...

I don't know what was the problem, and I don't know if it's related to your issue. But I wonder if your colleague (and you of course) installed 12.5.2 EBF 5751. I repeat that in my case the issues (the ide or the application exe stopping working event on clients pc) showed to both 12.5.2 & 12.6 after I applied 5751 and disappeared when I reverted to 5703...

Now I've on my pc 12.5.2 5703 & 12.6 4058 without any issues.

Andreas.