cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Optimisation with compress database and index defragmentation having error message

0 Kudos

We have a problem while running full optimisation with data compress and index defragmentation will have "error message:Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding."

However without data compress and index defragmentation selected, the full optimisation  will successfully completed without error. Anyone can give some ideas as where I should look into.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kheirudin,

have you searched in the SAP notes? There are several notes about timeout and one related to optimization with reassign index checked.

Regards

Roberto

0 Kudos

Thank you Roberto. Manage to find one of the sap note i.e 1628908. Few item from the note but I just applied item 1 as shown below which resolve my issue.

1) Change the next timeout settings for the BPC Web servers.

Edit the file "web.config" in the folder \PC_MS\websrvr\web for each of the the BPC Web Servers. Inside this file, locate the following line:

<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="102400" executionTimeout="3600" />

and change the executionTimeout to 36000.

You need to run the "IISRESET" command on each of the web servers after doing this change.

Answers (0)