cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI-AA insurance values when doing asset transfers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Forum users,

I hope somebody can support me in understanding how the system works for insurance values in FI-AA?

We have set up insurance values in the past and migrated data into the system, initially calculated the insurance base values ans later on switched the insurance index series to IndexClass '1: Dependant on year, no historical indexing' - as it is recommended in the documentation.

It worked as expected over several years, no problems so far.

This year, we had to merge some asset masters; for example we had to transfer the value of an asset with capitalization date 1997 to another asset with cap.date 1974.

I would have assumed that the insurance base value is simply included in this transfer and added to the 1974´ asset.

But the system calculates some strange new insurance base values (at least I do not understand what/why...)

and due to the index calculation the change in insurance base value leads to large differences in insurance values (currently 450% of base value).

Before transfer:

Cap.DateAPCinsurance base value
asset 1199722 0006 800
asset 21974226 000172 500
total248 000179 300

after transfer:

Cap.DateAPCinsurance base value
asset 21974248 000190 000

And even stranger:

In another case we transferred a sub number asset to the main number, both assets have the same cap.date. But the result is a difference in values:

Before transfer:

asset 1-0         2001          400 000                         134 000

asset 1-1         2001       1 248 000                         420 000

total                                1 648 000                         554 000

after transfer:

asset 1-0          2001      1 648 000                         574 000

-> Could anybody please give me a hint what´s going on - or is there a more detailed documentation of the insurance value logic

available?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Björn,

This calculation is complex and depends on many factors. Maybe the base value is based on book value, not on APC. Or index series might be different in sending and receiving asset. ...

Maybe you can use the formulas from the documentation to calculate the insurance value for asset 2 after the transfer (including all postings) and compare with the result the system calculates:

Insurance Values - Asset Accounting (FI-AA) - SAP Library

Best regards, Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

thank you for your reply. Both assets use the same index series and the series´ calculation is based on APC.

But when I read the document you attached regarding the 'prop.index' involved in asset transfers then I have the suspicion that this could be the initiator of our problem. I will investigate it.

Thank you and best regards

Björn