Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading excel file (.xlsx) to SAP server and download it later

former_member188321
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am trying to upload an excel template (extension: .xlsx) to SAP server and then download it later.

I use sxda_tools for uploading to a folder in AL11. When I download the same and open it then I get message that file is corrupt or not in correct format.

Does anyone know how can this be achieved?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pavelduchac
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

Which program are you using in sxda_tools to load the data? Are you using DXPROJECT? It might be changing the data during upload. You will need to compare the file size of the file stored and the file on your computer.

Try to debug BAPI_DXPROJECT_CREATE during upload to see what is happening.

As an alternative you can use custom version of program RSSM_TRANSFER_FILE_TO_APPSERV.

Pavel

former_member188321
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel,

In CRM, the code of this report is commented. So there is nothing to execute.

Regards,

pavelduchac
Participant
0 Kudos

pavelduchac wrote:

As an alternative you can use custom version of program RSSM_TRANSFER_FILE_TO_APPSERV.

Hi Rajan,

You should use SXDA_TOOLS with DXPROJECT.

It's very well explained here: http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/MQD4AQ.

Alternative:

You can copy the standard program "RSSM_TRANSFER_FILE_TO_APPSERV" into your custom (Z/Y) program, uncomment the code and use that to upload data to application server.

I am sorry if I wasn't clear in my previous post.

Cheers,

Pavel

former_member188321
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel

I tried exactly same with sxda_tools. The issue same as mention in initial description that downloaded file do not open in MS excel. as it says that file seems to be invalid or corrupt.
It seems uploaded size is also different.

Did you try it with an excel?
About the custom version of standard program, I shall try that. But which program can be used to later download it?

Regards,

pavelduchac
Participant
0 Kudos

Rajan,

SXDA_TOOLS works fine for me.

To download the file, you can just switch Source & Target. Try to do that with your file, please.

Example below:

former_member188321
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel,

I did try it before creating this thread. That did not work for me with .xlsx files.
Still I am marking your reply as helpful. Since I changed some design and also code in-place for file upload, download this thread is not relevant anymore; hence closing.

Answers (0)