cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make visible original number when transfer call?

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you please answer question regarding transferring call from SAP CCtr to PSTN:

Currently, when Customer calls to Agent, and then Agent transfers call further to any person from our company's telephony client, this client can see only Agent's number on his DECT/Desk Phone/Soft Phone.

Is there any available setting in SAP CCtr to send original customer's number with call transfer?

Also this problem occurs when make transfer from IVR - we can only see IVR number on phones, but not original number.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Sasha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member202106
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

1st you need to check that you have enabled "use Rnumber" in IA under PSTN virtual unit.
After that you can check SIP bridge logs and you should be able to search with Rnumber and see that there is the original number. After that point it is up to 3rd party system if those are able to use the information.

Please also keep in mind that funtionality in warm and cold transfer differs a littlebit. So, do not expect same funtionality for both. I would recommend doing tests with cold transfer.

Regards,
Jukka
SAP Contact Center team

0 Kudos

Hi Jukka,

Thanks a lot, as always you are at the forefront to help!

All work as expected with "use R Number" enabled.

However, is it theoretically possible to send original A-number in warm transfer?

Best regards,

Sasha

former_member250653
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sasha,

theoretically (SIP protocol) it is possible to change the A-Number as long as the Call-Id is the same, but as far as I know, SAP CC doesn't support this feature for SIP messages.

It only works for internal CDT-calls.

Don't know how the SIP gateway (connected to PSTN) would react when the A-Number changes during a call. Don't know if this is supported by Q.931, and if the gateway would send this information to the provider, too?! For a SIP trunk it should be no problem.

For internal calls to hardphones this should also work, but it is not implemented at the moment. I hope it will come!

Our customer needs this feature for internal SIP messages and SIP messages to another IP-PBX, too.

BR,

Thomas

0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for this explanation!

Also hope it will be done by SAP CCtr team..

Best regards,

Sasha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member158363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

did you solve this problem already?

If not, could you be more specific on the scenario? Is the receiver party part of CCtr or another enterprise PBX?

Regards,

Dawood.

0 Kudos

Hello Dawood,

Unfortunately, this problem is not solved yet.

Scenario:

Call Center Agent receives call through SAP CCtr software, and then forward this call to another enterprise PBX(Cisco based).

And client of Cisco PBX can't see original caller number on his phone, only Call Center Agent's extension number. That is a problem..

Thanks in advance for help!

Best regards,

Sasha

former_member158363
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Alexander,

did you try the R-number switch at PSTN bridge as suggested?

Because I believe this is exactly what you need. Please, be aware that only cold transfer will work as you need - the transfer actually makes 2 phone calls connected. If you do not transfer at once, then the second transfer does not know you would like to connect the first call later on and cannot send the original A-number.

Regards,

Dawood.

0 Kudos

Hello Dawood,

Yes, as i mentioned below, R-number enabling was helpful for cold transfer.

But there is another request from customer - to make such a functionality in warm transfer...

Trying to investigate this at the moment.

Best regards,

Sasha