cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue with data services' job launcher when invoking it remotely

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I run below script on the server, I am able to execute the job successfully.

"E:Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\bin\AL_RWJobLauncher.exe" "E:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services/log/JobServer_1/" -w "inet:server_name:port_number" -C "E:/J_Batch_Jobs_Test1.txt"

Content of J_Batch_Jobs_Test1.txt:

-PLocaleUTF8 -R"env.txt"  -G"ade5ab44_85f4_4e2e_b6e1_8d17daff1c7d" -r1000 -T14 -KspPilot -LocaleGV   -CtBatch -Cmserver_name -CaAdministrator -Cjserver_name -Cpport_number

Requirement: My requirement is to run above script from client machine (using AL_RWJobLauncher.exe of the server).

But when I submit the same script from client I am unable to trigger the job. When I execute it on the client machine, it simply comes out for next command entry in "cmd" window. (please note that access wise, client has full control on server. Here I have mapped "\\server\e$" to "W" drive)

"W:Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services\bin\AL_RWJobLauncher.exe" "W:Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Data Services/log/JobServer_1/" -w "inet:server_name:port_number" -C "W:J_Batch_Jobs_Test1.txt"

Please help as I am not able to find any log entry on either of the machine. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll assume the missing / and \ are just typos, but if I understand your explanation, you're trying to run a command on the server, triggered locally. When you map the drive and run the command, it runs locally on the client, not on the server. Because you are executing the program outside of its intended environment, it will not have the same environment variables, registry keys, paths, etc. configured and will likely not work.

Possible options:

1. Write a batch script on the server that encapsulates the command you want to run, then use psexec or a scheduled task (either GUI or schtasks) to trigger it from the local machine

2. Execute the job through the DS Admin Console

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

also check Windows event viewer for any errors

if you don't have DS installed on the client machine then I don't think you will be able to run by opening the executable from a shared location on server, since the job Launcher also reads some details from registry when connecting to CMS, of the local machine which will be missing if DS Designer is not installed

Install Designer on the Client Machine then you should be able to run the Launcher from this client machine