Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

md 40 is not working for external procurement

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Dears

When am running mrp for fg items With md40..planned order is creating for fg which is in house and for components there are in house and external procurement. .but system creates planned order only for in house items. .for external purchase requisition is not creating. .may i know why

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the help,

now i run MRP with MD01, then it is giving us the desired result..i change the MRP type for external procurement and internal as PD ..

hope it is fine...

and also it created planned order at first level of bom but in second level ,it is showing error message 40..Coverage not provided by master plan

thanks to help

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Vijesh,

This question has been asked many times.  Please use the search feature

You should have a planning file entry for both the parent part and the child parts in MD21. If it is missing create it through MD20  Run MRP in MD02 you should select 'delete and recreate' planning mode 3 and also select 'Plan unchanged components'. Also check why BOM is not getting exploded.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

MD40 active tick Process MRP materials it will planned the MRP related materials.

Also check the BOM explode in planned orders.Check the planning file entries for the materials

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijesh,

As suggested by Rahul, the chances are that your external procured components have MRP type relevant to Net Requirement planning (PD, P1, P2...etc) instead of Master Production Schedule (M0, M1 ...etc).

If you still want to use MD40 for MPS run and plan all the components (MPS + MRP) without changing MRP type then select following indicator and Re run MPS (MD40)

This will plan all the components in the product structure (MPS as well as MRP).

Regards,

Rohit

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijesh,

MD40 is a MPS run. It could be very much possible in case of FG goods the MRP type maintained is MPS example M0 and its considering the same in the run. Where as in case of components the MRP type could be different example PD which would be taken care by MD01.

Let us know what are the MRP types maintained in your flows at FG & component level.

Hope this clarifies your query else let me know otherwise.

Regards

Rahul