cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring MRP area forecast to another MRP area

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

I've enabled storage location to storage location transfers via STR creation under MRP. I've hit a gap that is best illustrated with this example.

SLOC 2000 = Main Plant

SLOC 3000 = External warehouse

We do external procurement into 3000 and want to do VV MRP on 2000 to pull from 3000.

Let's say we procure 4 pallets into 3000 which is traditionally 4 month's supply, 45 day PDT. The transfer from 3000 to 2000 is one pallet at a time monthly. But consumption in 2000 is one carton at a time (a pallet = 20 cartons).

For 3000 MRP, want to use consumption based planning. The basis of consumption used by system is the goods issue against the STO to transfer the one pallet. And this is the heart of the problem. Say consumption end of July starts to really ramp up. 2000 may pull the pallet from 3000 sooner, but when it comes to replenishing 3000, there is no visibility to this consumption trend since it is really being expressed in cartons, at the daily/weekly level. It's almost like I would need to transfer 2000 consumption (in cartons) over to 3000 for system to use that as its basis for 3000 external procurement.

Any ideas how to best solve this?

Vlad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

Anybody have an idea?

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Vlad

Maybe instead of the forecast and MRP type VV you could use MRP type PD and create PIRs with strategy 40.

That way, if there is extra consumption of your material, system will create additional requirements on the supplying MRP area.

You can even copy the forecast requirements to demand management on transaction MD62.

BR
Caetano

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

You are talking about entering 40 for strategy group in MRP3 tab? I'm unfamiliar with all the steps. How would system know to look at SLOC 2000 for the consumption requirements? I see 'planning plant' field but not planning storage location.

If this path is a dead end, what BADI do you suggest for me to copy the requirements over from 2000 to 3000? I need to stick with VV and would just need to update the consumption values, basically replacing the current original consumption at pallet level with the new consumption at box level.

Thanks, Vlad

former_member214692
Participant
0 Kudos

please clarify further

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

I don't really understand your business requirement. Why do you need to stick with VV if the forecast is not enough replenish this material? It does not make sense to me.

You can find more details about strategy 40 on the following link:

Planning with Final Assembly (40) - Demand Management (PP-MP-DEM) - SAP Library

If you just need to update the consumption values, take a look on note 1832196.

BR
Caetano