cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine if a parameter is actually being used in a Crystal report

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are migrating from an old Visual Basic 6.0 Crystal SDF to the Java SDK.  We are using "SAP Crystal Reports for Java runtime components - Java Reporting Component (JRC) that is available using url http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-29757. The downloaded zip file associated with this is crjava-runtime_12.2.218.zip  The jar files assocaited with these components are downloaded to a workstation and used with a Java Swing Web Start application.

In the VB API, a parameter field obtained from crxReport.ParameterFields() has a variable "needsCurrentValue". A false value told you the parameter was not used in the report. I don't see an equivalent of this in the Crystal Java SDK. I have an issue where all parameters are returned via:

Fields<IParameterField> myFields = dataController.getDataDefinition().getParameterFields() even if some of the fields are not used in the report. The legacy system passes only parameters that are used and using "needCurrentValue", we would skip over those parameters that were "false".  I cannot find a way to detect that a parameter is not being used in the Crystal SDK. Does anyone know how?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Glenn,

Here is a KB which talks about the same requirement in .NET SDK.

1504651 - How to determine if a parameter field is used in a Crystal Report using the .NET SDK

Simillar property should exist for JRC SDK also. Please check the RAS Java SDK Develoepr guide and APi reference docs here.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-27465

Thanks,

Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Bhushan - I did see in the Java SDK a method called getUsage() that returned an integer.  When you look at the JavaDoc for this method all it says is "For Internal Use Only". After looking at the .Net documentation, it seemed to match this function. In the Java SDK, they also don't seem to expose the Enums necessary (like CrParamterFieldUsageEnum.crParameterFieldUsageNotInUse). I was able to create my own using the .Net Documentation and resolve the issue.  Seems like .Net Documentation has a lot more info. Thanks again for you help.

Answers (0)