Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Steward integration with two BOBI Launch pads

former_member120424
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have two Business Objects BI 4.1 (BOBI) productions systems (separate builds) available from two major business streams.

Recently we have built Information Steward 4.2 (IS) application separately (IPS/DS/IS).

We have a scenario of launching IS from one of the BOBI launch pad to use the existing Universes from the BOBI to generate IS data quality analysis. As per the note 1906580, we can integrate BOBI with IS by installing Remote Job server / IS plugin on the BOBI system and add the respective BOBI system details in the IS system (CMC --> Application tab --> IS --> BI Launchpad Integration).

I could not find in IS settings (CMC --> Application tab --> IS --> BI Launchpad Integration) allowing second BOBI system for integration. However I realise this may limit the second BOBI system to integrate with the same IS application in future.

But do you have any clue how to integrate multiple BOBI systems with one IS? Is it possible?

Note- from functional perspective we have yet to identify the issues for this scenario.

Regards

Kishore Battu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

I don't think that's possible because in IPS there only one possible BI launchpad integration entry, so you can't add more than one.

Also you shouldn't need to install the remote job server, since IPS 4.1 can communicate with the BI 4.1 of the same version without any extra SDK.

You can collect the BI 4.1 CMS metadata on both BI systems  form one IS but you cannot have BI launch pad integration on both.

Install another IS system or give users on 1 BI system the IS URL to access it directly ( with security implications).

former_member120424
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Nawfal,

Thank you for the reply. We tested the connectivity with first BOBI system with DS/IS and working successfully. The BO platform on both the systems is same version 4.1 SP4 and both are in the same network subnet hence there are no connectivity issues.

We tried connecting the second BOBI system but experiencing connectivity issues, please see below error#

The second BOBI system is running in different data centre / network subnet and the BO platform is 4.1 SP3 whereas DS/IS BO platform is running on 4.1 SP3.

Will the difference in SPs causing the above connectivity error? We would like to get it clarified before starting investigation from network end as this require involvement from multiple suppliers and more tedious process. 

Regarding the network firewall ports, we made all ports Static in DS/IS and BOBJ systems with in the port range 6400-6420. 6400-6420 port range enabled between two systems (bi-directional).

DS/IS web server (SAP NW Java) and CMS are installed on one VM and BOBI installed on two VMs (web server Tomcat is on different VM). We enabled port range 6400-6420 with BOBJ CMS server only, no ports enabled with BOBJ Web server (Tomcat) except 8080. 

Do we need enable any specific ports with BOBJ Web server other than 8080 or any other ports with BOBJ CMS server other than 6400-6420 as explained above?

Our requirement is to integrate second BOBJ system with DS/IS, I would appreciate it if any further assistance on this issue. 

Regards

Kishore Battu

former_member120424
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Nawfal,

We have added fully qualified second BOBI host name in the DS/IS server as they are hosted in different data centre.

Connection has been established successfully between second BOBI (4.1 SP3) and DS/IS (BI IPS 4.1 SP4) after above change.

After pointing / changing connection to second BOBI, I am still able to launch IS from first BOBI also second BOBI simultaneously for 1.5 days, may be the connection details cached. Now the latest connection is active and earlier connection is failing with error ‘Not a valid logon token. (FWB
00003)’.

From our testing it is observed that BOBI SP difference will not be a barrier to establish Technical Connectivity (we have not yet tested the functionality). I do agree with you that IPS there only one possible BI Launchpad integration entry.

Thanks for your support.

Regards

Kishore Battu

Answers (0)