SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EA15 invoice reversal error: Cost element XXXXX does not exist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

During invoice mass reversal EA15 I am getting error saying that " Cost element XYZ does not exist"  (Msgid:KS, MSgno:211)

I am getting this error only when I am entering more than one invoice in EA15 and keeping reversal date as blank. In this case the first invoice is getting reversed successfully but getting this error for second invoice.

I debugged this issue and found that this not related to cost element at all. This issue is basically related to posting period. As I am reversing the invoice which is posted in previous month and while posting the reversal document, EA15 checks the posting period using the posting date of the invoice in this case which is a prev. month and thats the reason raising period lock exeption. I also found that there is one subroutine event_r501 of FM ISU_REVERSE_CA_DOC that changes the posting date automatically to system date but for second invoice somehow it does perform the same and because of the posting date of the previous month I am getting the error for the second invoice.

The setting that we have in spro (check the last checkbox in below image) for the invoice all such invoices which are posted in previous months and being reversed in this month using EA15 and keeping reversal date as blank should get reversed automatically by changing the reversal date to system date. We can handle this using Fqevent 501. But this will helpful only when we want to change the reversal date of the invoice to be other than the current date.

Please provide your inputs.

Thanks,

Rahul.

2 REPLIES 2

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

If you are looking for the same functionality for other type of FICA doc reversals, then check event 0062.In here you can set an alternate posting date for the Document.

In here based on the parameter i_process ='1' and the origin key of the document, you can set the parameter e-budat_new.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Amlan.

I am more concerned about the error which I am getting during the invoice reversal using the tcode EA15.

Thanks,

Rahul.