cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception in SAP BEx & Web Application Designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need to create price change trend report where need to highlight the cells based on the Key Figures Comparison. If the price is less then previous period for a particular project highlight as Green & downwards arrow icon. And red & upward arrow if it's more than previous period. So base price is previous period price. I have used the restricted key figures for restricting the cost per period. I need to finally show them in WAD. Please let me know how to compare both the key figures & put condition based on that? Do i need to do it in BEx or WAD and how?

Bidyut

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to do it in Query Designer.

Define exception in your query to get the exception color according based on your requirement.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit, Thanks for reply. I did in the query designer only. But how can you compare between 2 Key Figures in Query designer?

cornelia_lezoch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bidyut,

you need to define a new calculated key figure to do the comaprison calculation.

Your exception will be defined checking this key figure.

Then the result of the exception = the coloring can be used to color another key figure (luckily you use web where this works, in Excel this setting doe not work).

then in WAD you can configure to use symbols instead of colours.

regards

Cornelia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By creating a formula you can achieve this.

In formula you can use appropriate command.

As you are comparing the price with previous month or year, you can use Boolean function less than (<).

You can give the formula as suppose 1 for < less and 2 if >= for comparing values.

Then you can create an exception and give these value 1 for good or bad based on color you want.

In exception you can select the formula.

Hope this will solve your issue.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bidyut,

Amit is right. You have follow the steps mentioned by the amit.

Please check. Your issue will be resolved.

Thanks,

Chandresh