cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS CTC Parameter automatically changes from 1 to 0.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have connected 10 systems to the Domain Controller System in STMS. I want to activate CTC parameter to 1 in all the 10 systems and i have done it from the Domain Controller System. But the next day, the CTC Parameter automatically changes from 1 to 0 in all the 10 systems except in the DC system.

What can be the reason for this and how to solve this issue?

Regards,

Mohan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...You can delete non default parameters from TRANSPORT TOOL tab and recreate (Ex. NO_IMPORT_ALL) then you can able to choose the global tick mark(Edit).

Hope it helps...

Raz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have opened a ticket for my issue. The SAP Support said that one should not manually change the parameter CTC but to do it in Transport Route. Once in Transport Routes overview, the client dependent routes are activated then automatically CTC changes to 1.

Regards,

Mohan.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

shirley_wang2012
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Have you set CTC as a global parameter in STMS?If not,then it is a local parameter which is only effective for the DC system. I guess the CTC in your other systems which connected to your DC system were still 0 after you changed CTC in your DC system.

Only when you set CTC as a global parameter in STMS,then the value will be distributed to other systems immediately after activation.

Best regards,

Shirley

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shirley,

that is the problem.The field is grey, i cannot set the parameter to global.

Regards,

Mohan.

shirley_wang2012
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Normally we do not recommend you to set the parameter as a global parameter.We recommend you to set it separately in each system in case you have domain links.

Anyway you can go to STMS,in the transport tool tab,you can delete the parameter CTC and add it again.The global tick mark(Edit) can only be checked when you add the parameter in edit mode.

Regards,

Shirley

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Mark your CTC parameter as global and distribute the configuration to all the systems from Domain controller.

Regards,

Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

the field is grey, i cannot set the parameter to global.

Regards,

Mohan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

What is the value for parameter TP_Version on the domain controller, based on the following url

Global Parameters - Change and Transport System - SAP Library

• .When parameter ctc is set, tp requires you to set the value for parameter tp_version to at least 264. This prevents transport control programs with lower version numbers from working with this import buffer. Parameter ctc can therefore only be activated if all the transport control programs that work with a specific SAP system have at least version 264.

Regards

Adil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Adil,

the TP Version is 266.

Regards,

Mohan.