cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viewing Glossary using WebPortal

former_member217396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, just wondering... is there a option to view the PD Glossay using the WebPortal? I believe, currently we are able to view only Diagrams, and only then if during the check-in process the "save diagram for PD portal" is checked.. Is that correct? Any suggestions how to enable viewing using WebPortal? Wors case, since the Glossary is stored inside a DB, we could use a Tool to extract it from the DB - but this is a massive workaround in my opinion... Thanks and Regards, Rafal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Select the 'Repository' tile.  The Glossary is listed as one of the models in the 'Library' folder.

You can view the terms using the 'Children' button.

Chris

former_member217396
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

thanks, but somehow it's not really working for me... This is what I have in PD:

This is what I can find in the portal... on the first look it looks really OK, the categories (we are now looking at the Finance) are there etc.:

But then, if I go into the inside the Finance category... it's empty...:

So, somehow it not really working for me... at least not on all the levels...

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks and Regards,

Rafal

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I see the same thing when viewing the Glossary in the repository or the Web Portal.

No terms listed under their categories but only at the top level.

This should be reported to engineering.  Please create an incident.

My PD is 16.5.5.1 x64

Chris

former_member185317
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Portal, navigate to the Glossary via the Repository Tile, then click on the Library. You should see your Glossary there. Then from there, click on the Glossary. You can then select Children and you should be able to see your Terms.

HTH,

-Matt C.

c_baker
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Yes, but there is no way to know which terms belong under which category.  Everything is flattened out.

All terms are listed at the root level, not under the category under which they were defined.

Selecting a category gives an empty list.

Chris