Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neo.bat Error Multiple properties files found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

while trying to deploy an application i get the following error :

ERROR: Multiple properties files found [SOAP, Test\target\sf-soap-test.war].

Provide only one properties file

the command run is:

..\Neo SKD\WebProfile-2.52.29\tools> neo.bat deploy  --user XXX

--source ..\eclipse\workspace\SF SOAP Test\target\sf-soa

p-test.war --host https://hana.ondemand.com --application sf-soap-test --account

XXX

I don't have any neo properties files for that project, i checked the folder and war and the only properties file i find are the maven pom.properties

The Documentation does not really help on this.

Regards

Mathias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

The issue is caused by the white spaces in the --source parameter value. Please try this:

--source "..\eclipse\workspace\SF SOAP Test\target\sf-soap-test.war"

or remove the white spaces in the folder name.

HTH!

--Vlado

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alright, thanks for the input, but that leads to my next question.

the original call is made by neo-maven-plugin is there the same problem? and if yes how to avoid it there?

[INFO] Using user name and encrypted password of server entry tts-hcp-sf to authenticate to SAP HANA Cloud.

[DEBUG] About to run command cmd /c neo.bat deploy --password *** --user XXX --source C:\Users\MaerkerMa\eclipse\workspace\SF SOAP Test\target\sf-soap-test.war --host https://hana.ondemand.com --application sf-soap-test --account XXX in C:\Users\MaerkerMa\eclipse\workspace\SF SOAP Test\target\sdk\tools with no proxy

[INFO]

[INFO] SAP HANA Cloud Platform Console Client

[INFO]

[ERROR] ERROR: Multiple properties files found [SOAP, Test\target\sf-soap-test.war]. Provide only one properties file

[ERROR]

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

[INFO] BUILD FAILURE

Regards

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

We have created an internal ticket to fix this issue with the Neo maven plugin. Thanks for the heads-up!

In the meantime, you can use as workaround folder names w/o spaces.

Former Member
0 Kudos

alright problems resolved, it was all about white spaces in path of sdk and whatever else. Very annoying.

Btw. does anybody know if it is possible to store account name and landscape host in the ./m2/settings.xml as well? the old nwcloud.properties file was able to do so, but what about the maven <server> section?

Thanks vlado to pointing me in the right direction!

Vlado
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

SAP HANA Cloud Platform Java Web Maven Plugin - Here you can find an example with username and (encrypted) password, I believe it should work the same way for account and landscape host, too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No unfortunatly not.

i tried

<host></host and <account> in the settings.xml but they are not recognized and a maven warning is given

[WARNING] Unrecognised tag: 'host' (position: START_TAG seen ...</username>\n\t\t<host>... @138:9)  @ C:\Users\MaerkerMa\.m2\settings.xml, line 138, column 9

For goal deploy you get

[ERROR] ERROR; -h or --host not specified. Provide landscape host

Regards

0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

you are right.

Using quotes to provide arguments containing spaces to a console commands is obvious, but the requirement to quote space containing Maven properties is not.

This was fixed starting with versions 

neo-java-web-maven-plugin 1.73.x

neo-java-web-maven-plugin 2.19.x

neo-javaee6-wp-maven-plugin 2.55.x

When using older version of the plugin you need to provide the property values with quotes.

Regarding central configuration the proposal is to use standard Maven properties in the plugin configuration:

<plugin>

<groupId>com.sap.cloud</groupId>

<artifactId>neo-java-web-maven-plugin</artifactId>

<version>x.y.z</version>

<configuration>

<host>${hcp.host}/host>

<account>${hcp.account}</account>

</configuration>

</plugin>

and introduce a properties section like:

<properties>

<hcp.host>hana.ondemand.com</hcp.host>

<hcp.account>myHcpAccountName</hcp.account>

</properties>

Then you have the full freedom to provide default properties on any parent pom level maybe with different values for different profiles including the profiles defined in the settings.xml.

In addition you'll be able to provide such values as build parameters like

mvn clean install -Dhcp.account=anOtherAccount

Hope this helps,

Eckart

Answers (0)