Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WWI issue : Error during PDF generation

romuald_kler
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed a new WWI generation server at an Windows Server 2012 R2 (64 bits):

The wwi version is : EHSWWI32_38-20010357.exe (Service pack 38 in 64bits)

Microsoft Office is also installed : v 2013 64 bits

Adobe reader is not installed, We do not use  inbound document

On this server there is only one printer installed : Microsoft XPS Document Writer

Generation of report work correctly without error. I can see the report in CG50

But export in Pdf from CG54 cause problems (error in CVD1).

Pdf generation works fine on our old server.

I thought wwi could export PDF documents directly with the Microsoft Word features.

In the generation log I have the following errors :

semaphore allocated

Initializing winword.exe process list

Found winword.exe with PID 3304

Updating winword.exe process list

Found winword.exe with PID 2768

Identified process winword.exe with PID 2768

using Word Version: 15.0 64 bit

release semaphore

Word init time : 0.3 sec.

open file: C:\WWI\TEMP\SERVER_PR6_400_3_QA6_01\0566938\r0566938.rtf

attaching template: C:\WWI\WWI.DOT

Error: COM Exception (-2147417846) from Word8_AttachTemplate by : The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (HRESULT Code:266)

Error attaching template 'C:\WWI\WWI.DOT'.

Please check Word macro security settings. See SAP note 549858.

Closing Word connection at 05/21/15 14:13:04

wait for semaphore

waited for semaphore: 0.0 sec

semaphore allocated

Error: COM Exception (-2147417846) from Word8_DocCount by : The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (HRESULT Code:266)

Error: COM Exception (-2147417846) from Word8_Quit by : The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (HRESULT Code:266)

Error closing Word (Word8_Quit)

Terminate process 2768. ExitCode is 103

Forced Terminating Process 2768

process exit code: 258

Error Word had to be terminated

release semaphore

Word exit time : 0.0 sec.

Error in Word occured.

Error occured, give it another try ...

starting resolve for mode G

C:\WWI\TEMP\SERVER_PR6_400_3_QA6_01\0566938\l0566938.doc

14:13:09

Resolve-DLL    : 3.2 / 2.7B SP38; 2005,110,155,402; C:\WWI\WwiRes64.dll; 08.04.2015 05:43

Configuration  : C:\WWI\WWI.INI

GLM Labeling   : 3.2 / 2.7B SP38; 1,0,72,18; C:\WWI\WwiLabel.dll; 08.04.2015 05:43

WWI Dyntext Lib: 3.2 / 2.7B SP38; 1,0,27,27; C:\WWI\WwiDyntext.dll; 08.04.2015 05:42

WWI Barcode Lib: 3.2 / 2.7B SP38; 1,0,6,6; C:\WWI\WwiBC.dll; 08.04.2015 05:42

14:13:09

Resolve lasted: 0.0 sec.

Initializing Word connection at 05/21/15 14:13:09

wait for semaphore

semaphore allocated

Initializing winword.exe process list

Updating winword.exe process list

Found winword.exe with PID 2080

Identified process winword.exe with PID 2080

using Word Version: 15.0 64 bit

release semaphore

Word init time : 0.3 sec.

open file: C:\WWI\TEMP\SERVER_PR6_400_3_QA6_01\0566938\r0566938.rtf

attaching template: C:\WWI\WWI.DOT

current default printer is 'Microsoft XPS Document Writer'

target-application 1: PDF

Error: COM Exception (-2147417846) from Word8_SetDocVariable (wordVariable.SetValue) by : The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (HRESULT Code:266)

Error setting doc-variable (Word8_SetDocVariable: Variable.SetValue failed)

Closing Word connection at 05/21/15 14:13:09

wait for semaphore

semaphore allocated

Error: COM Exception (-2147417846) from Word8_DocCount by : The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (HRESULT Code:266)

Error: COM Exception (-2147417846) from Word8_Quit by : The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (HRESULT Code:266)

Error closing Word (Word8_Quit)

Terminate process 2080. ExitCode is 103

Forced Terminating Process 2080

process exit code: 258

Error Word had to be terminated

release semaphore

Word exit time : 0.0 sec.

Error in Word occured.

*****Raise exception RESULT_NOT_FOUND*****

sending data lasted: 0.0 sec.

Elapsed time : 6.9 sec.

Extract from wwi.ini

[Paths]

GUI-HOME=C:\WWI\

GRAPHICS=graphics\

FILES=files\

[UserExit]

;MacroName=wwiAddIn.Main

[Spool]

;dont_delete=1

[Convert]

; entries for conversion into PostScript

;For Adobe Reader 7.0.9 and Adobe Reader 8.0 and newer, use print instead of printto. Please use WWI SP15 for this.

;command=printto

;target=c:\temp\target.ps

;printer=Convert

command=

target=

printer=

[Printers]

;PS=

;PCL=

;PDF=

[PrintUserExits]

; Format=addin(.dot);macro(.main)

;c:\wwi\wwiMkPDF;wwiEConvertToPDF

;PDF=

I have read the following next note, but we are not concerned. The hyphenation is set to "None" in report template  (CG42)

2083205 - EH&S WWI: Error due to missing hyphenation

We have check the note   549858 - EH&S WWI: Word template paths and macro security , but the wwi directory is set in trusted location for Microsoft word.

Whe check the note 1783830 - EH&S WWI: Support for 64-bit but wwi is in sp38

What should be done to avoid this error ?

Has anybody an idea to run the PDF export?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Romuald

please check that many threads we have here.According to my knowledge: your assumption is wrong (I thought wwi could export PDF documents directly with the Microsoft Word features.)

Only as an example:

Check: ,

You will find more threads linked to these documents (discussing the conversion to PDF)

and WWI cookbook for proper setup

C.B.

romuald_kler
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph, thank you for your answer

the sap note 1535067 - EH&S WWI: Generating PDF files said :

Configuration of the WWI server

Install WWI Support Package 25 or later.

If you are using Microsoft Word 2007 SP2 or 2010 or later, and you want to use the integrated PDF conversion,

no other settings are required in the WWI server.

Check that no entry for PDF = exists in the WWI.INI in the section [PrintUserExits].

The print user exit is reserved for customer-specific processes and can be implemented by a customer or a consultant.

It is not subject to mainstream maintenance. If you have any problems, refer to your EH&S consultant or Remote Consulting (XX-RC-EHS).

Currently on my 4 wwi production servers I want to migrate it works. With win 2003 R2, Word 2010 and WWI SP34

SAP Customizing for PDF export has already been set and it has been operating for 3/4 years.

And I no longer use conversion macro as was the case a few years ago.

I wonder if the problem is not related to the server configuration with win 2012 R2 / Word 2013 / wwi SP 38 (all in 64-bit) ?

Cordialement/Schöne Grüße

M. Romuald Kler

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Romuland,

I would try to run Word 2013 and WWI in 32 Bit.

There always seem to be issues with Office 64 Bit - even Microsoft "recommends" using 32 Bit...
Choose the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Office

"

The 64-bit version of Office has some limitations, but is the right choice when:

•   You work with extremely large data sets, like enterprise-scale Excel workbooks with complex calculations, many PivotTables, connections to external databases, PowerPivot, PowerMap, or PowerView. The 64-bit version of Office may perform better for you.
  •   You work with extremely large pictures, videos, or animations in PowerPoint.  The 64-bit version of Office may be better suited to handle these complex slide decks.
  •   You work with extremely large Word documents. The 64-bit version of Office may be better suited to handle Word documents with large tables, graphics, or other objects.
  •   You’re working with files over 2GB in Project 2013, especially if the project has many subprojects.
  •   You want to keep the 64-bit version of Office that you’re already using. The 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Office programs aren’t compatible, so you can’t install both on the same computer.
  •   You’re developing in-house Office solutions, like add-ins or document-level customizations.
  •   Your organization requires Hardware Data Execution Prevention (DEP) be enforced for Office applications. DEP is a set of hardware and software technologies that some organizations use to enhance security.

If none of these situations apply to you, the 32-bit version of Office is probably the right choice.

"

Non of the above is true for WWI Documents in my opinion therefore I would recommend running 32bit Version of Word and WWI - OS can stay 64bit.

I just did a setup with Word 2013 and Windows Server 2008 R2 and it works fine - including PDF generation (WWI Word 32bit OS 64 bit).

Furthermore you can only run the 32bit Version on the PCs (SAP Gui install for final report generation), and I think it is better to run the exact same WWI on the servers and PCs.

Best of luck

Mark

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Romuald

I should read more carefully current OSS notes....

I believe the hints of Mark should help you (and if I remember correct: there should be a current OSS note dealing with the "64 bit" installation. May be check SAP marketplace.

C.B.

romuald_kler
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Thanks,

I'll test it.

I also noticed that in console mode, sometimes it works. But it's very random. In console mode, word does not remain blocked (no popup)

Romuald

romuald_kler
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

I tried the following configuration

Word 2013 / 32 bits

Win 2012 server R2 64 bits

WWI SP 38 / 32 bits

But I can not generate the pdf in service mode. In console mode, sometimes it works and sometimes not and i have always the same errors when it does not work:

I of course read the 549,858 mark, but everything seems to be OK.

Are you doing anything special for PDF configuration?

As such, Authorization, DCOM configuration, Printer etc?

Romuald,

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Romulad,

Nope - nothing special set up.

I have never seen the "wwiEint.disableStuff" macro showing up.

There's a little helper application in the WWI folder called "conpro.exe" - maybe that can point you in the right direction.

I had issues at one point with Office 365 Plus (which is Word2013) on Win7 that were COM/DCOM related and I was not able to fix - but I assume you run no Office 365 Version of Word...

- Check that the user who runs the WWI Service / Console is admin and is executing the service/console as admin

- Search for other WWI COM or DCOM OSS Notes
- Check the Windows System Log and see what kind of errors show up there.
- Double check the SAP notes, make sure you run the correct Unicode step up if your SAP system is Unicode.

If nothing helps create an OSS Message - adding all logs (enable the highest trace level before).

Kind Regards

Mark

Or might read this and add some insight...

romuald_kler
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

I installed Word 2010 (32-bit) with wwi SP38. And now I have no problem to generate the PDF.

Word 2007 was also tested, and I have not had a problem with PDF

The problem was Word 2013 (32 or 64 bit)

Thank you very much for your help.

Romuald