cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System cannot find source storage bin - LT03 Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

While creating TO's for deliveries (stock removal) in LT03, we are getting error as 'Source storage bin not found - Message L3008'. However, when I manually enter the Storage Type Unit (S1) and Fixed bin, system accepts it and TO is created but it does not pick that bin location automatically. I have checked the forum and tried all the solutions mentioned.

Below is how WM1 and WM2 views are setup:

Storage type Search (OMLY) is defined as below so system starts searching for stock in ASR/BLK/HBP etc and finally reaches to V05 which has actually got the stock. This bit is working fine.

Please see stock situation as below. Only storage types ' V05 and VNA' have got stock and system has automatically picked up V05 which is Ok.

But when it comes to bin selection in storage type V05, system fails to pick it up automatically unless we manually define it and then TO is created.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Salman.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

on the LT03 screen ( where you are getting the error message system cannot find the source storage bin ), Click on option Environment from menu bar, Click on Storage type search log and share the screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please find below:

MANIS
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As you can see that "User exit" is active hence it is very difficult for anyone on SCN to suggest what is the custom code written in that. My suggestion is to refer the project document or contact your development team who can help you on this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish. Will check with ABAP and revert.