cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does getfullstate crash with nest datawindows?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a PB12.5.2 datawindow, which has a nested datawindow in a trailer.  For specific data, doing a getfullstate on this datawindow crashes the application, either in the executable or the IDE.  Replacing the getfullstate / setfullstate pair with rowscopy works (though obviously in not quite the same way).   For this data, the nested datawindow would be empty.  I have inspected the exported syntax of both of these datawindows and both appear fine.  Exporting as Excel works, but exporting as PSR crashes the application.    Removing the nested datawindow cures the problem, but also removes required functionality.   In any case the client will not accept a coding change but wants an explanation as to why particular data consistently crashes this report.  I have exported samples of data for working and non-working datasets, but they do not appear significantly different.

Could anybody suggest a likely cause?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David;

Suggestion: If you look at all the related DWO's source code - is the 1st line ..... "release 12.5;"? If not, can you edit all the DWO's and try something like adding a space to any object's TAG property to enable the SAVE icon. Then remove the " " and then press the SAVE icon. That should now complete the DWO's source code migration to PB 12.5. You can then verify the DWO's source for the proper release number.

=>  After that, try the application again.

If my suggestion does not cure the problem ... Would it be easy for you to load the DWO's primary buffers with test data and then export their syntax so that we can try to emulate your problem?

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

The nested datawindow was PB11.5, but recompiling it as 12.5, as per your suggestion, had no effect.   Please find attached the syntax for 2 versions of the main datawindow.   C450.srd fails and C460.srd works

Former Member
0 Kudos

How hard would it be to rebuild the nested DWO from scratch? 

My thought here is that you have some old corrupted source code the nested DWO that the PB IDE is not cleaning up (either in the migration, regeneration or modification processing).

Former Member
0 Kudos

I managed to get PSR files corresponding to the ones I got earlier - the DW painter allows me to do this, but doing it through powerscript crashes with the first of these.  Files are renamed so that I can upload them.  Both import successfully into Powerbuilder

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'll try that.   If I can produce a working datawindow, I can at least offer as an option, even if that wasn't what our helpdes asked for

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've tried that.  I created a stripped down nested DW from scratch using a new SP with the same parameter lists, but that only returns the contents of a couple of variables.  This crashes out in exactly the same way as the original..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sounds like this is a PB 12.5.2 bug. My only other suggestion at this point in time is to open a ticket with SAP technical support on this problem. 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many years and releases ago, SetFullState failed if the blob had a filter buffer...

Former Member
0 Kudos

This didn't seem to be the problem either.  Thanks to everybody for their help, but we've decided to just replace the code with rowscopy, which is not quite the same but sufficiently similar for our purposes.