00 - area

xxx- activity head

xx- product

We have around 5 product

In cj30 i will give budget at product level (5th level) and i will total up

For eg: at 5th level i have given budget for three products

AB -100,

BC- 100

DG- 100 and total up this 300 moves to 4th level and 3rd and second and 1st level.

Now in cj32 i will be releasing the budget. Generally i use release budget at 5th level and i do total up and save it. At the time of creating PR/PO the budget control check use to work properly.

Now the issue is my clients want to have control at area level (3rd level)  as well as 5th level, PR/PO can be created at 3rd or 5th level

If i release the budget at 3rd level at the time of creating PR/PO budget is controlling only at 3rd level but not at 5th level.

I also tried to release the budget at 3rd and 5th level but system is accepting only one level

so, my issue is i should be able to release the budget at 3rd and 5th level at a time.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I doubt releasing on both levels is possible.

You can have the budget values transferred from lower level to top, but check should happen on individual WBS element but at one level.

Regards

Terence

praveen_vanm
Participant
0 Kudos

Terence,

Thanks for your response

Regards

Praveen

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Are activating check boxes for "Indicator: Account assignment element" for all levels? Because system checks commitments based on this.So in your case you can deactivate this check box for level and level2 and activate for level-3 and  5.

Kindly let me know your concerns on this suggestion.

Regards,

Pardhu

praveen_vanm
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Pardhu,

Thanks for your response

I have deactivated the account assignment indicator for other levels except 3rd and 5th level

in cj30 i have given budget at 5th level and did total up and in cj32 i have tried to released the budget at 5th level and 3rd level i given the released budget and did total up.

After doing total up the system is taking only 5th level budget it is not taking 3rd level budget.

If i release the budget at only 3rd level then it is taking 3rd level budget.

Regards

Praveen

praveen_vanm
Participant
0 Kudos

Pardhu,

After deactivating the other level account assignment indicator i am facing the same issue at the time of releasing budget.

Regards

Praveen