cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business One 9 License Behaviour - locking of same user in different sessions

isaac_kalii
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a superuse account in SAP and whenever I try logging in another company, my session in the previous (different company) gets locked. I checked the forum for users facing the same issue and came across the below article.

It alludes that SAP records three parameters when one opens a database to prevent multiple user login using same id but via different workstation.

In my case, all parameters are OK but my sessions keep on getting locked.

Please assist.

Regards,

Isaac K.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

frank_wang6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is the default behavior.

9.0's license only allows your manager user to have 2 sessions connected at the same time. all other user will be one session only.

A user can sign on multiple companies from same workstation. If you are using remote desktop, different remote desktop session considered as different workstation. So u can not use that to bypass the rule.

The session uniqueness is determined by workstation ip, log on user name and windows log on session id, which make u have to assign one license to one user.

So in general, if u upgrade from 8.8 to 9.0, you will need more users than you used to.

Frank

former_member212181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Isaac,

As you may understand by reading various docuents and discussions, there is no solution for this.

You may need to log off from one company and login to another one.

SAP B1 is validating multiple login thru license server and not through work stations.

Thanks

Unnikrishnan