Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feauture which I miss in ADT

ŁukaszPęgiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't know if my missing point was already raised before (sorry if it was) but I really miss simple thing which is, when you are in Project explorer and you've selected your program or function group then at right click I'd expect to have possibility to create all kinds of linked objects: this means screens, gui statuses, titles, just like in SE80. I know that sapgui window will be called to be able to create this objects but that way would be more convenient than running each of the transactions manually (SE41, SE51, etc.. ) and re-entering program name.

What do you think ? Can it be done ? If yes then hopefully without a need of upgrade to new SP ?

Regards

Łukasz

4 REPLIES 4

aditya_j
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Łukasz,

There is one workaround for this. Right-click your program in Project Explorer and select Open in SAP GUI option (screen shot below). It will open the program in a new tab containing the SAP GUI ABAP code editor.

Here you use the Display Object List (Ctrl+Shift+F5) option like SAP GUI to display the Side Pane we get in SE80. Then you can create the required objects. Once you create the object, the folder view under the program in Project Explorer also gets updated.

One thing to note is, that in case of includes, you can right click the Include folder under the program and select the New ABAP Include option to create a new include (see below screen shot). At present, this does not work for screens and other elements(however, double clicking will open the Screen/GUI status in the respective editor).

The same approach can be used for function groups as well.

Regards,

Aditya

0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

this I know, but for me this is just a workaround,  and I don't like workarounds for such simple things,  especially that this is just like running t-codes directly. But thanks anyway for your input.

Cheers

Łukasz

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Lukasz,

we will have a look into that topic. But it is unrealistic to provide this feature without an update on the ABAP server. The services to create sub objects like dynpros are currently not available.

Regards,

Thomas.

0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas for the answer at least I know I have to get use to it for the next few years....

Cheers

Łukasz