cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Replication Tool i need to use ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP HANA Experts,

I am bit confused with the following thing, can anyone of you please tell me .............

1. Which replication tool, i need to use if i want to pull the ERP, CRM, SCM, SRM, data to HANA Database ???

2. Which replication tool, i need to use if i want to pull the SAP BW data to the HANA Database ???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

1. The SLT is the right tool to replicate from ERP, etc. source sytems to HANA. The SLT softwares component needs to be installed on each of those source systems (ERP, SCM, etc.). If you have enough ressources, it's better also to have a dedicated SLT server for replication, since this is taking ressources for replication.vSLT can then replicate data real-time directly to HANA and you can report right from there using business objects tools for example.

2. If you want to use BW on HANA as well as a complimentary tool for your enterprise datawarehouse, you can also use SLT to send data to BW, using what SAP calls the ODQ/ODP framework. Then using this method the data is stored automatically on HANA, since it's the database of BW. If you want to pull data from an old BW not on HANA to the BW on HANA that is also possible to connect the two. But in this case only a source system connection (RFC) would be necessary, no need for SLT.

This doc gives more info:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70dd6e62-0113-3110-f58e-92aa5a784...

Hope its helps, feel free to ask more questions if not clear enought.

Thanks

Christian