cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work with events on CR viewer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good morning everybody,

First, sorry my english deficit.. I am from Brazil, and I will try to be as clear as possible.

I am having troubles on working with events of the CR Viewer. More specific: I'm not finding the events needed to work. For example: when the user closes a view (the small button on the right top), don't exists an appropriate event to work... also when the user changes the view (a subreport or drill down)...

Ah, I am trying to use the "subreportobject" class, to open a subreport as a report, following an example on the MSDN documentation, and is not working.

Well, these are the most important questions at this moment. If someone can help me, i appreciate.

Again, sorry my english.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Which version of Visual Studio are you using and which version of the Crystal SDK?

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Christy. Visual Studio 2012 and SAP Crystal 13.0.13

Former Member
0 Kudos

About...

"Ah, I am trying to use the "subreportobject" class, to open a subreport as a report, following an example on the MSDN documentation, and is not working."

More... Without using "subreportobject" class, only using ReportDocument.OpenSubreport() method, to instanciate a new ReportDocument object, when I change the "CRViewer.ReportSource" propertie to the new ReportDocument, doesn't work. The message "Not supported in subreports" occurs.

Thanks for your attention.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christy,

Until yesterday, i was using an older version of SAP cystal reports. But, when I updated to 13.0.13, nothing changes. It may be important.

Thanks.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cassius    

Re.:

I am trying to use the "subreportobject" class, to open a subreport as a report, following an example on the MSDN documentation, and is not working.

Can you share the MSDN documentation being refered to?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, people,

I'm waiting for some help!!    

Thanks.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cassius

Please remember these are community forums only, not technical support. As such phone cases and other tasks take precedence as do weekends...

If you wish, you can create a phone case here:

Crystal Single Case Technical Support - SAP Business Objects US Online Store | SAP Online Store

you will get dedicated engineer then.

As to the subreport view code. I looked in the Developer Help Files for CRVS and do not see this particular set of calls documented there. The reference you provided is for CR 9.2 and VS 2003 and I am not sure that this code would have worked there either. I have never seen code such as this implemented anywhere...

E.g.; I was always under the impression that this can not be done and I suppose this has been proven; I did try your code as well as a few other variants, none worked.

The question then is; why the need to view the subreport only, if it is part of the main report?

If the need is there to see the subreport, why not view it as a main report of it's own?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Ludek,

First, thank you very much for your attention and dedication on trying to solve my question.

By phone, for us, is complicated because the comunication is difficult.

Well, explaining to you... we are building an interface with Visual Basic, with the objective to allowing the change of various parameters (not parameters of CR, but others) by the user, and reprint directly the subreport. Something like an extension of CR viewer, giving the impression that is changing directly into the Crystal. Any suggestion?

And the question of events to work when the user closes a view or changes some view... do you know some appropriate event to work ? Or somehow be manipulating the events ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, everybody,

About my original problem: Working with some events on CR viewer, like closing a view or alternating between views: do you know some appropriate event to work ? Or somehow be manipulating these events ?

Please, any sugestion or comment will be welcome.

Thanks

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cassius

Apologies for the delay. I contacted a number of coworkers on the issue of viewing the subreport in the viewer. The consensus is that yes, this did work in CR 9.2 and VS 2003, but that functionality was taken out after that. For a number of reasons. For example, if a subreport is in a group footer and you have 10 groups, how do you choose, using APIs which subreport to use - footer 1, footer 2, footer n? Et.c, etc.

The viewer does allow drill down into a subreport and print / export of that subreport from there. The engine does not and there are no plans to enhance that.

Only other option is to have the subreport live as main reports and manipulate those as you need (print / export).

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ludek, I had expected this, because I tried everything, and nothing worked.

And one more help, about my original problem, which gives the title to this discussion: Working with some events on CR viewer, like closing a view or alternating between views: do you know some appropriate event to work ? Or somehow be manipulating these events ?

Again, thanks.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Cassius, I'm having problems understanding the requirement. Can you perhaps jot down a step by step use scenario?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

When the user closes a view, of a subreport for example, I would need interact with this event. When the user alternate between the opened views, i would need to knowing which view is active. I need some event to handle it.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Cassius,

In VS 2010 if you click on the CR Viewer object of your form and then the lightening Bolt you will see a list of Viewer Events available.

If these do not work for you please post your Enhancement request to Idea Place:

http://ideas.sap.com/

Don

Answers (0)