cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment of external WAR/EAR to AS Java 7.4 very slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to deploy a UI5 application developed in Eclipse with the UI5 Tools plugin to an NW AS Java.

I am using Eclipse Luna 4.4.2 and the UI5 Tools plugin version 1.28.5 for my UI5 development. The AS Java I want to deploy it to is version 7.40.3301. I am trying to use NWDS with the version 7.3 EHP 1 SP 13 PAT0000 for the deployment.

My problem is that the deployment process takes very long, over an hour.

To do the deployment, I took the following steps:

• Export the UI5 application once as a WAR file, once wrapped in an EAR from Eclipse.
  • Use  the Deployment view to import either the WAR file or the EAR file:

• Set up the deployment like this:
    • Update deployed archives with any version
    • Stop when the first error occurs
    • Bulk (stop all, start all in group)
  • Start the deployment using the "Deploy" button next to "Import Java EE Archive" button in the toolbar.

No matter whether I use the WAR file or the EAR, the deployment will get stuck in the status "Life cycle strategy: bulk deploy strategy":

Edit: After waiting for over an hour, the deployment actually did finish successfully. Waiting that long for each deployment is not really a solution, however.

Deploying regular DCs that have been created in NWDS works fine, so I assume that the connection should not be the issue.

Any idea what might cause this issue or how to resolve it? Is there a way to speed up the process?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

To analyse the issue with slow deployment of EAR/WAR file ,follow the below things

- You have to create thread dump on the Java server. , on which you are deploying the component.

Analyze the thread dump , to check the issue with the help of solman.

- check CPU and memory utlization on the server.

Moreover , you have to use the similar version of NWDS as the java engine to make deployment smooth and more acurate.

Also check the sapnote 1791485 - NWDS 7.3 EHP1 as development environment for SAP NetWeaver 7.4

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashutosh,

thanks for your reply!

- You have to create thread dump on the Java server. , on which you are deploying the component.

Analyze the thread dump , to check the issue with the help of solman.

- check CPU and memory utlization on the server.

I will try and work on that with our basis team in order to see if this gives us any helpful information. However, if resource restrictions on the server are causing the issue, shouldn't the deployment of standard DCs be affected as well? As described in my question, for them the deployment is sufficiently fast (in the range of ~10 seconds per DC).

Moreover , you have to use the similar version of NWDS as the java engine to make deployment smooth and more acurate.

Also check the sapnote 1791485 - NWDS 7.3 EHP1 as development environment for SAP NetWeaver 7.4

Thank you for the note, however I already considered that. To my knowledge, the NWDS version I am using should be the right one for our AS Java version.

Best Regards, Timo

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185326
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

In addition to what Ashutosh has mentioned, network between your front-end i.e. where you are using NWDS/ Eclipse and the SAP NW Java server will also matter. If the network between client & server is slow, that will also factor in for increased deployment time. Also, try to analyze by deploying a light weight application than the one you are facing the problem with. See the deployment duration for both of them.

Regards,

Shahid Ahmed