Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"GHS Label" needed info to be printed in Pick list

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guys ,

How can we print info like " ghs label " needed in pick list to be displayed ? any idea ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

first please check:  http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-56806

If you are willing to use EHS GLM (I am not sure if you do based on your question) you will get in my opinion a solution. If I remember correct: the "pick" process is linke to SAP SD processing. SAP EHS GLM support apports in the standard these processe (please check link)

Label Printing - Global Label Management (EHS-SAF-GLM) - SAP Library

Therefore on high level. SAP EHS GLM is a good tool to solve your demand

C.B.

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

this is just a text to be printed in Pick list . we are not using glm .

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishan

if the company does have know how about "GHS" as such; no problem. GHS is depending on country there you act (and there to ship to)

Quite interesting demand. Never heard about. Let us imagine this:

a:) the company uses EHS BD

b.) the company maintain EHS GHS data in EHS BD

Then may be there might be a chance to print something. You need to understand that the "country" of interest is the "driver" of the need to print "GHS label needed". E.g. if you sell in russia: no need to print this information. If you sell to "europe" it is legally required that you use GHS label.

As the material is linked to a spec and on spec level you can maintain such data as "GHS label needed" country specific a solution might be found. The "issue" is only that you do not have a "good" integration point. SAP SD is mainly integrated with SAP DG. I believe you can "misuse" SAP EHS DG data to be used for "printing"something on the forms as used ion the "Pick" process (but I am not 100% sure anout this)

But clearly overall process is not SAP standard.

You could try to "simplify". E.g. you can use a "material class" to do the job (on material level). Only "con" is. You need per "country" one class. But the data on material level might be a "better" place of data to use for printing on pick list

C.B.

PS: you could try to doit more "stupid" and "ignore" any legislation perspective. Than you can use the text "GHS Label needed" as a "Text" information; this can be printed easily using the mainy SAP techniques (sapscript, sap forms, ....). But I am not sure if this is the "best approach"

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

why not simply "adapting" the print routine to print the text? (to be done for any company code etc. and may be needed in many languages..)

But pick list is SAP SD related "document". But you can "mix" if needed with EHS data.

C.B.

surajarafath
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna,

I think you need to know the details on what circumstances that 'GHS Label Required' to be printed on your document. In my experience, we have the same thing in our SD documents and other transaction/reports where we have used the EHS-Specification data in which one of our characteristics has been maintained with GHS compliance or not.

In our routine, we read the material data then link to the specification to know GHS compliance or not then print the text accordingly in your documents.

In your case, you may need to know how you gonna determine 'GHS Label Required' and write the logic in your form/program.

Thanks,

playsuji

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

based on comment of playsuji: the most important trick is to determine "then to print"... Not all countries use now GHS. Therefore you should know in your process at least the "ship to party". We can assume (>80%) that the material to be processed is dispatched soon (and not placed on stock) tor the customer.

The whole SAP SD and SAP PP story to print EHS related data is not easy and cumbersome (but sometimes many companies are asking for to get something printed coming from EHS). There is more or less zero support here in EHS (only for DG related data; and GHS is not a DG related data).

C.B.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

If you have Global Label Management module  being used, please find details for creating the label templates.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_07/helpdata/en/51/3704501e33d047e10000000a44176f/content.htm