cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCP: XS Debugging from Eclipse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am trying to debug my XS app with the Eclipse plugin. I found that it has new debug configuration option for HCP Trial that looks like:

When I try to execute it it shows this log:

"Debugging Service Launch Error

Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL: https://debugging.hanatrial.ondemand.com/start

Response :

Internal Server Error

Detailed information :

Error reportHTTP Status 500 - Failed starting debugging using: /debug/enable/XXXXXXXtrial/helloworld/tryapp, user: xxxxxx, errorCode: 404, message: Not FoundUnable to get body information ( EntityUtils.getContentCharSet(entity) == null)"

It also does not enable me to select my XS project.

What might be wrong? Did I miss any parameters? Where do I find any documentation regarding this HCP debugging infrastructure for the HCP Trial?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,

Yury

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestion. The Web IDE is in fact a valid way of developing and debugging the HCP apps.

And if it is required to use Eclipse IDE it is also possible to debug the XS-application. Two steps are required:

1. Go to https://<<your server>>.hanatrial.ondemand.com/sap/hana/xs/debugger/

and grant debugger permission to the DEV_ user.

2. In Eclipse use XS JavaScript: Manual Session debug configuration. Open your .xsjs app in browser then click Debug in Eclipse IDE. A new modal window will appear with dropdown box with your DEV_ user and p1234567 user. Select second option and choose appropriate JS session from the list in the same dialog. Set break points in your code and refresh your .xsjs app in browser. The debugging should start

-- Yury

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alexander_silgidjian
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yury,

This configuration is for debugging Java applications.

You may debug XS applications via Web IDE: SAP HANA Cloud Platform

Best Regards,

Alex